Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Silver!

LandOLincoln

Went back to the old house today. They wanted me to find their property stakes. I found a 1946 D Roosevelt in the process. Way too hot to look any more than I had to.

You did a good deed and got your reward..... :clapping:

This weekend doesn't sound good for hunting unless you want to start at sunup and be done by mid-morning. Heat index of 115 tomorrow I heard.

Way to go! Yes, a good deed indeed. Thank you! People like you make this hobby more acceptable to the public. You got your reward with that pretty silver dime! Congrats to you and just a little tip, when you do rescue a silver coin, be gentle with it and wash it under water with a bit of soap. You could really damage a key date by rubbing on it dry. I like carrying a little film canister with water in it. I'll try to bring some to the next meeting for anyone that wants one. Again, congratulations on your silver find. HH, Nancy

I almost passed the dime up. It was a really iffy and weak signal and I was already sweating by butt off. If the rest of the silver is as deep as this dime was or deeper I think I may have to wait to until I upgrade detectors before I pull any more silver out of their yard. The dime was at least 5 inches deep. I've dug wheat pennies at the same depth or maybe a bit deeper that gave off a better tone. There is just so much iron interference past 4 inches that I don't think the ace can distinguish much with all the trash and I don't think the sniper coil is that effective past 3-4 inches. I could jack up the sensitivity but past 8 bars I get too many blips and ghost signals.