Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simple Quickmask

jquist

I would like opinions on a pattern that many experienced users are using. It is basically a Quickmask rejecting Ferrous 22 and higher - with multi and conductive tones.

Thanks.

Should work fine and not miss any good targets.On the other hand it will hit on a lot of not so good targets as well so the user will be making a lot of, to dig or not to dig decisions instead of the machine.Should be great for getting some of those masked hard to hit targets:thumbup:

Thanks for the responses. With my 705, I was an all metal guy and liked " living in the noise". I will have to purchase some variable control headphones to truly take advantage of all the features.

I am very impressed with the target picking abilities of the E-Trac so far, in fact I am amazed.

John

I like leaving my Quck Mask wide open to check to see what's really down there when checking an iffy target in a disciminating matrix ..... No having to wait for a recovering null and no additonal filters to put on to have the null recover quicker .....It's noisy , but fast !!....Jim

I run quick mask with FE 26 and above rejected, Conductive multi tone. I also run my variance(tone) at the max of 30. This makes it easy to hear the very high tink of wraparound iron.

Quick Mask with no discrimination is my favorite program for checking out iffy targets. I have dug some nice silver, Wheaties', and a V nickle right next to iron, and conductive trash. If you have a target that doesn't sound quite right, go over it in Quick Mask it really helps. Rick

i got a headache with quickmask in CO...i tried the relics screen in FE and it gets rid of the nasy nails.....and slow as a snail over everything....so much easier....and i cant believe the depth i'm getting....awesome...

tr the relic program...and dont forget to noise cancel often....if its an iffy signal hit your quick mask and check it out....the relic program takes care of those nails...but you have to count when you swing....1 thousand 2 thousand 3 thousand...that way you dont miss a thing...if the nulling sounds off you need to go back even slower...you just passed up something...wiggle your coil and check it out...you will be amazed...just found a 1814 half bust and a gold bangle from an 1831 cellar hole a few weeks ago.....it's working for me....paid of the machine and then some...lol....ginger