Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex and pin pointer

Scoobz1

I have just purchased a Simplex detector and I am looking for a good pointer to go with it for use in predominately fields. The obvious candidate would be a Nokata Pulsedive Pointer as it would link wirelessly with the headphones and overide the signal of the detector when in use. However, I am concerned about the size and weight (can't see one in the flesh as we are in lock-down in the UK) and I have also come across some comments were people have performance concerns on its ability to detect small stuff
I obviously would only need the basic non coil option

https://www.lpmetaldetecting.com/products/nokta-makro-pulsedive-pointer-3640-p

The other option i was considering was the XP -m-4- pinpointer which I have seen used to good effect but not with the Simplex which I believe runs on a similar wave length and hence could be prone to interference

https://www.lpmetaldetecting.com/pr...BCLPoESnoP6vShxXhOZydvCK8-fOfeYhoCQDwQAvD_BwE

If anybody has any knowledge or experience of these two pin pointers particularly with the Simplex or could recommend one that performs very well with it I would appreciate hearing your thoughts and experiences.

Thanks

Scoobz

I have the Deus and MI-6 and the Simplex+WHP as backup/loaner. I also got the PulseDive. The PulseDive works real nicely with the Simplex+, You can get it without the loop and it is around $100.00 US. If you are planning on using the Green Headphones, I fully recommend the PulseDive.

I have the Deus and MI-6 and the Simplex+WHP as backup/loaner. I also got the PulseDive. The PulseDive works real nicely with the Simplex+, You can get it without the loop and it is around $100.00 US. If you are planning on using the Green Headphones, I fully recommend the PulseDive.
Went for the MI-4 in the end after reading various threads and watching You Tube comparisons - hopefully should arrive later today

Went for the MI-4 in the end after reading various threads and watching You Tube comparisons - hopefully should arrive later today
Should've gotten the Simplex +. Just sayin'

If you have heard the Pinpointer tones thru the Headphones you would be wanting this with all your detectors
I have this setup on
Nokta Impact with the green HP and pulse dive PP
N/M Simplex + with the green HP and pulse dive PP
White's MXT Pro with the DX-1 Probe Trigger forward goes into the HP all metal pinpoint
Garrett AT Max Z-Lynk HP & PP

If you have heard the Pinpointer tones thru the Headphones you would be wanting this with all your detectors
I have this setup on
Nokta Impact with the green HP and pulse dive PP
N/M Simplex + with the green HP and pulse dive PP
White's MXT Pro with the DX-1 Probe Trigger forward goes into the HP all metal pinpoint
Garrett AT Max Z-Lynk HP & PP
I'm having a problem with my wired headphones on my Simplex not working on my detector. I'm sure if I had to hear all that damn noise in the headphones it might drive me crazy.

Will be mainly detecting on private land so not really bothered with wearing headphones, at least at this stage, but if it becomes an issue later down the line and I do move over to headphones I certainly will reconsider it again. Was put off the idea of the Nokta pulse dive because of its size and some people had concerns with it performance on smaller items. When things get back to normal will definitely try the Pulse / Simplex combination . |
Thanks Scoobz1

You need to use the Freq shift function on your PulseDive - works great!

The new upgrade eliminates pointer interference. Drove me and my Garrett nuts until I found out how to do it. X marks the spot.

I have a simplex and a pulse dive pp, it makes the Simplex go crazy.🤷‍♂️
There are 40 levels of frequency offset with the PulseDive. You can adjust this to make your PulseDive as quiet as a mouse with the Simplex+, Page 10 of the manual:

FREQUENCY SHIFT
It is used to prevent the device from interfering with other detectors nearby.
To shift the frequency, press the on-off button while holding the (F) button
pressed down. Each time you press the on-off button, a beep will be heard
and/or the device will vibrate and the frequency will shift 1 step. There are 40
steps in frequency shift. The central frequency, which is the factory default,
is indicated by double beeps / vibrations.