Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex.......new coil?

Jeff (or)

Still waiting on a 5" ~ 7" concentric coil for the Simplex. The detector has been out for awhile.
I could have used a smaller coil on some of my hunts. It would be nice if Dilek could respond
and let us know how they are coming along with the coil or coils, and possible release date.
Jeff

JBM1, post:
Yes I am waiting for them to be available. Mind you all our digs are cancelled through Covid19.

What digs are cancelled? Is it your access to private property or ???

I'm one of those in the older-age group with health complications who are encouraged to stay away from crowds and handling door knobs, counters, shopping carts and all sorts of stuff, and even to stay indoors and impersonate a hermit or something.

So, I m going to go breathe some fresh air away from crowded places and enjoy metal detecting in an out-of-the-way POW Camp or a former CCC Camp, and stay shut-in tomorrow while I await a UPS delivery. Then, rested up, I'll head off to a ghost town where I can, again, enjoy fresh air and sunshine and be far removed from people and heir germs on 'Have Fun Friday !' When the gals are finished with my first-of-the-season landscaping on Saturday it should be a warm and sunny 64° .... so I'll go find a different place to get out hunting. in the fresh air where it is crowd-free.

I only wish the package I am waiting for tomorrow had a couple of smaller-size search coils from Nokta / Makro for my Simplex + Then I could take it to some more productive places to hunt where the coils could better handle the environment.

Monte

Tonight we should all wish upon a star in hopes Nokta brings us a smaller Simplex search coil for the Easter Holiday.

Attachments

• wish.png
    wish.png
    733.3 KB · Views: 218
Still waiting on a 5" ~ 7" concentric coil for the Simplex. The detector has been out for awhile.
I could have used a smaller coil on some of my hunts. It would be nice if Dilek could respond
and let us know how they are coming along with the coil or coils, and possible release date.
Jeff
Hey Jeff, if you email Nokta Makro Dilek will probably answer you by the next day . A 7” concentric and 5x9. “DD would be great!!

Soon...spring before summer timeframe.

Yes we are working on a SP24 coil... cannot confirm unless the tests are finalized.

Dilek

I don't know where your read that. If I look at their coil labeling, a '24' assigned coil would be a 5X9½ DD. That's a nice, mid-sized open-frame coil, but I'm wanting something more like a 5" DD or a 7" Concentric to have a smaller-size for more typically trashier places.

Monte

You do know Nokta/Makro
don't have a clue what Easter is Right?
U do know Dilek does. That's who also communicates with us here at Findmall and other forums.
May your basket be filled with chocolate eggs. Tell your kids, you just buried 20 foil covered ones. Hand them each a detector....

My fingers are crossed for a 5" DD Monte. I bought the OOR coil when I had my Racer2 based on your recommendation and it was AMAZING in trash.
I already have a 7" concentric for my Nokta Impact.

Jeff
Heard they were working on 3 Simplex coils from a report from Nokta. The 3 coils were 9" concentric 9 1/2 x 5 DD and 15' DD. Coils supposed to be out by late spring or summer. Report was on a Simplex users site on Facebook.

My fingers are crossed for a 5" DD Monte. I bought the OOR coil when I had my Racer2 based on your recommendation and it was AMAZING in trash.
I already have a 7" concentric for my Nokta Impact.
I am with you 100% on wanting a 5" DD. I'd even take the 'OOR' shaped DD (4.7X5.2) like came on the CoRe and original Racer. That smaller-size is a must-have for really dense trash. I keep the 7" Concentric on my Impact, but do have a 5" DD in my Accessory Coil Tote in case it is needed. The 7" Concentric is a really handy coil and I'd especially like it on the Simplex+ as well.

Heard they were working on 3 Simplex coils from a report from Nokta. The 3 coils were 9" concentric 9 1/2 x 5 DD and 15' DD. Coils supposed to be out by late spring or summer. Report was on a Simplex users site on Facebook.
'

Welcome to the Forums' but I sure hope you're wrong on the coils. The ONLY one of those three that I would personally like at all is the 5X9½ DD open-frame coils as it makes a very nice mid-sized option to complement the stock 11" DD. The Simplex+ is a very good, lowr-priced but versatile performer, and one strong point is the light weight and nice balance. An over-size 15" DD really isn't what I consider a smart idea got a model this light and handy.

Also, I worked with the 9" Concentric but the coil is much heavier than it ought to be. making that worse, on the 9" Con. for the Anfibio and Kruzer is the fact that the rod-mount is positioned too far to the rear from a center-point. That makes the already heavier and awkward coil difficult to use w/o getting 'floppy', and it also makes it nose-heavy. Plus, with the 11" round DD a better fit for more versatile applications would be the 7" Concentric, not the 9".

Monte

7" will be just fine for my use in the open countryside fields.

Thats if we are allowed out to play .

Folks are now dropping like flies as the Corona Virus bites.

John.

Like Monte says, the 7" concentric is the best size choice.
Large coils are not always the best to use.
Any heavier coil than the stock 11" will put a whole lot of strain on your wrist. The weight will cause the detector to be coil heavy. To balance the detector you would need a heavy counterbalance weight placed under the armcuff. Thus causing another issue of pendulum effect, at the end of the swing, the coil will still want to go in that direction and will take extra arm effort to stop the coil and reverse the swing. Talk about being sore after awhile. Unless your a muscle bound detectorist. Hey, there's a great spot for one under the armcuff.
A lightweight 7" coil under such a lightweight detector design would balance just about perfect, it will feel about half the weight it actually is.

Attached are three pictures for balance to make a point.
The first detector similar to Simplex concept. It balances properly.
Second picture is the Kruzer, coil heavy. Will take upwards wrist pressure to hold in a balanced position.
Third picture, Kruzer with optional battery pack installed as a counterweight. Better but, still not balanced.
Now imagine a larger than stock Simplex coil mounted on it.

The lighter 7" coil makes a big difference in overall handling and weight distribution.

I am all for using a lightweight balanced detector.............
balance    pro.JPG
balance wo batt.JPG
balance   w battery.JPG

I am with you 100% on wanting a 5" DD. I'd even take the 'OOR' shaped DD (4.7X5.2) like came on the CoRe and original Racer. That smaller-size is a must-have for really dense trash. I keep the 7" Concentric on my Impact, but do have a 5" DD in my Accessory Coil Tote in case it is needed. The 7" Concentric is a really handy coil and I'd especially like it on the Simplex+ as well.

'
Welcome to the Forums' but I sure hope you're wrong on the coils. The ONLY one of those three that I would personally like at all is the 5X9½ DD open-frame coils as it makes a very nice mid-sized option to complement the stock 11" DD. The Simplex+ is a very good, lowr-priced but versatile performer, and one strong point is the light weight and nice balance. An over-size 15" DD really isn't what I consider a smart idea got a model this light and handy.

Also, I worked with the 9" Concentric but the coil is much heavier than it ought to be. making that worse, on the 9" Con. for the Anfibio and Kruzer is the fact that the rod-mount is positioned too far to the rear from a center-point. That makes the already heavier and awkward coil difficult to use w/o getting 'floppy', and it also makes it nose-heavy. Plus, with the 11" round DD a better fit for more versatile applications would be the 7" Concentric, not the 9".

Monte
Thats what an interviewer said on his visit o the warehouse in Turkey and his coversation with

'

Monte

'

Monte
Those were the reported coils from an interview with Dilek at the Nokta plant in Turkey.

'

Monte

Thats what an interviewer said on his visit o the warehouse in Turkey and his coversation with

Those were the reported coils from an interview with Dilek at the Nokta plant in Turkey.
I agree. The only coil of those I want also is the 9 1/2' x 5" DD coil. Hopefully they do a 7 inch concentric also. We will see what they actually release by summer.

I wonder if Nokta is also running into delays and shut downs with the Covid stuff. I think we are all learning we have to have patience out there!

The interview with Delik was on Detect History Facebook page. The large coil was 13" not 15" but the others were 9" concentric and 9 1/2" x 5" DD coils.