Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex.......new coil?

Also in another interview, Delik said you have to do the update to use the new coils. Why? The Simplex coil should work with either program. I like the original program. Disappointed if that is true. We are waiting a long time for these coils, so they should work with both programs.

Hoping big-time there will be usable smaller or mid-size coils that will meet my needs, I've acquired a 2nd Simplex +. I want to keep one equipped with a mid-size coil for low-to-moderate littered sites and would prefer it to be a 7" Concentric but can make-do with a 5X9½ open-frame DD.

What is most needed, for me and other who hunht the very densely-littered sistes, is a 5" DD. That's th coil I absolutely want / need for the ghost towns, homesteads, old picnic groves and many other older-use locations that abound in nails and other challenging trash. That's what I am hoping most to have, a 5" DD, to keep mounted on my 2nd Simplex + for the bulk of my old-site hunting.

I pull out this Wednesday, the 27th, for a 3-State detecting jaunt which include our 12th WTHO in Nevada, and I won't be home until maybe the 10th of June. I wanted so bad to have a 5" DD on a Simplex +_ for this journey, but nothing yet. :cry: I'll only have 1 Simplex + when I get to Wells, Nevada and sure hope to have some useful search coils available by my return.

Monte

Need the 5" or 7" coils to be able to use my Simplex. Will not use it with it's 11" coil and have waited on the promised smaller coil. Won't wait much longer and this machine will be going down the road.
Disappointed!

geo

Well, we know the 5x9" DD coil will be the smallest accessory coil coming out first. Its a good compromise. I will settle for that.
If there is a high enough demand for even a smaller coil such as a 5"DD round coil for the Simplex. They can be made.
So if you or anyone wants a 5"DD, let Nokta know.

Now I know lots of folks were not too keen on the 9" round concentric coil made for the Anfibio. Knowing that the second smaller coil for the Simplex is going to be
a 9" round coil, some people are alarmed. Keep in mind, the Simplex 9" coil will be a "DD" coil. Properties of a round coil differ a bit over an elliptical coil and many might appreciate them once you have used them.

Having a choice of using three coils, is better than having just one that may not be the most useful for everyone. Its a good start.

I think a 9” round DD would be awesome. Maybe they will release one for the Anfibio/Kruzer too. Actually I wish they would make a 6 or 7” round DD

The 11" DD standard coil on the Simplex + is fine for a beach, for hunting plowed fields and pasture, or for a wide-open grassy park. But ....

We need at least two smaller-size coils. we've heard they can't make a Concentric coil work, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but if all we can have are DD coils, then PLEASE give me two of them:

An absolute need is a 5" DD to hunt the trashier sites. The really challenging, nail infested, dense debris ghost towns and homesteads and all manner of places with building rubble. Something small enough to work in close to and around metal structures in playgrounds or fences, etc.

And a good, universal 5X9½ DD open-frame mid-size coil to tackle all the hunt needs not handed by a 5" or 11" DD coil It's a really nice size for low to moderately litter sites yet still provide a bit better coverage and detection depth.

I've needed both sizes for the seven months I've had a Simplex + on-hand and really need the 5" DD more in about a month when weeds burn off of some of the old gold mining townsites and we can get back to hunting. Patiently .... very patiently waiting for a couple of smaller coils. My two Simplex's are also at-the-ready. Coils are needed!!!

Monte