Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex optional coils

Well, I'm more than ready and very patiently waiting one or two new coils.

My Simplex + has been hanging around and used on occasion since the day before last Thanksgiving in November. Last Wednesday I visited with my Dealer friend, 'Kickindirt', and bought a 2nd Simplex +, all ready w/2.77 update, and now I NEED a general-purpose coil. For that I'd welcome an open-frame 5X9½ DD. I search brushsier / trashier environments and have absolutely NO USE for a round-shaped 9" or an over-size 13" or 15" coil. No practical applications for them with the Simplex +.

However, I have an even bigger desire for a round-shaped 5" DD more than any-other search coil. Those are what work the best in the really tough relic Hunting old sites I frequent. NOT a 4X7½ elliptical DD because while those can be 'fun' or 'OK' for some urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting applications, it sure did NOT work well on the Impact or with other models when put to a tough challenge. It failed miserably in some iron nail test comparisons on a small silver Half-Dime, where the 'OOR' on a FORS CoRe and 5" DD on a Relic took top honors in Nokta products.

Just a round 5" DD and a mid-size 5X9½ DD make two excellent optional coils to complement the stock 11" DD that is okay for a beach, a plowed field, or a wide-open grassy park.

Monte

Ill take weeks over months any day!

I'm with you Monte. That 5" coil is great for tight spots and trashy places. I haven't taken the 6" coil off my Equinox since I got it. I use it everywhere. Lakes parks, trashy sites. I would try the 9" x 5 1/2" when it ever comes out, but in the mean time I'm fine with my Equinox and my Simplex is in the closet.

Why has Nokta not released accessory coils?
I believe that any coil they (Nokta) has tried with the Simplex+ other than the stock coil
the performance of the Simplex+ falls off dramatically.
What other explanation is there?
Nokta has had ample time to develop accessory coils for the Simplex+.
Like they have for all the other detectors they sell.

Boy I hope that's not right. If that's the case I'll wait for Nel, Cors, or Mars to come out with their smaller DD coils. They are usually lighter and a little more accurate than standard coils anyway.

u2robert: said:
Why has Nokta not released accessory coils?
I believe that any coil they (Nokta) has tried with the Simplex+ other than the stock coil
the performance of the Simplex+ falls off dramatically.
What other explanation is there?
Nokta has had ample time to develop accessory coils for the Simplex+.
Like they have for all the other detectors they sell.
I wish I knew, but I figure they were making a few design changes at first to their standard coil, then working no some version updates, and we had the virus shut-down that impacted work on things, and finally we have to consider the detector design. It is a single frequency, and the Simplex + does provide a lot of performance for the $$$ ... but that said, it is a lower-priced unit. And, it is also a digitally designed detector and that means it might take a bit more engineering to come up with functional search coils to work well with the software design.

On the bright side, things are improving and they are back-to-work, and we have two good mid-size coils, both smaller-than-stock, that should be available soon. I know I am looking forward to comparing them afield, but right now favor the 5X9½ DD design. When they get the production of accessory coils rolling out, then they will hopefully work on a smaller-size search coil for those of us who prefer and require such a coil. Something in the 5" DD size range.

I wouldn't own and use two Simplex + units if I didn't feel comfortable about Nokta / Makro working on accessory coils for different tasks. That way I can outfit each device with the coil-of-choice for different needs I'll have afield.

Monte

A guy with a different brand detector tried my CoRe w/5X9 1/2 DD a couple of days ago and like the feel and balance. He was also a curious how does Simplex Plus felt so I let him swing that a bit. He said he really liked the Simplex Plus and wish it had that same elliptical coil on. I told him they're coming soon.

I think we have another new Nokta / Makro user joining us very soon. He was thinking of upgrading from what he has and is really impressed with the Simplex Plus. He'll get one of the new mid-size coils that are coming out, but asked about the smaller coil for trashy or sites. I told him we're extending our wishes for such a happening soon.

Monte

The 8.5" coil makes the detector lighter and improves the balance.
It`s nearly as deep as the stock coil and a pleasure to use.
All we need now are the Carbon shafts.
Happy Hunting,
Jerry.