Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Simplex or Apex?

1. Since when did more settings back a detector better?? < No clue what this sentence means.

2. That’s the truth !!! The truth is SMF is better on the beach than single frequency. Not only is it truth, it's a fact.
The Apex is not waterproof, so when you drop it in the water by mistake, it is done !! If you drop the Simplex in the water , that is fine, as it is waterproof. Even with the simplex using 12khz , it is better suited for detecting water. Having more settings doesn’t make a detector better. The Apex is following in the footsteps of the ATMAX with terrible audio and it’s unable to unmask co located targets.

1. Since when did more settings back a detector better?? < No clue what this sentence means.

2. That’s the truth !!! The truth is SMF is better on the beach than single frequency. Not only is it truth, it's a fact.
Typo.... Since when did more settings make a detector better??

The Apex is not waterproof, so when you drop it in the water by mistake, it is done !! If you drop the Simplex in the water , that is fine, as it is waterproof. Even with the simplex using 12khz , it is better suited for detecting water. Having more settings doesn’t make a detector better. The Apex is following in the footsteps of the ATMAX with terrible audio and it’s unable to unmask co located targets.
Didn't say it was waterproof. Even waterproof Nox's have a high failure rate. SMF works better than single frequency on a saltwater beach. Apex is better on saltwater beaches. Bash it all you want but it works better in that environment.

I ran into a guy on the beach the other day that had an apex, my wife was using my nox, and I was using my ctx. He told me that his apex will do everything my ctx would do. He then air tested a quarter at about 12” on top of sand which my nox easily hit. I don’t think he wanted to do a submerging test

So 8 maybe 10 years ago Garrett came out with the AT Pro. Waterproof. Even after all these years, the Pro with the mid size coil is a killer in trash. Target separation is still great. It still is competative for fresh water wading, mud hunting and salt beaches down to the wet. Not very in salt water, wet sand. All this time no computer updates. Huh? Tech has come a long, long way. Some newer machines come with seminars, ect. to explain all the complex modes of the units. I've seen hunters hitting these buttons trying to decide to dig or not. After a while seems they find a set it and forget it mode and go hunting. I spend 3 months hunting salt water beaches a year. The Nox units are by far the most used that I've seen. XCals, still very deadly, maybe the best. Old Whites and Garrett Pulse inductions. Dry sand hunters, a ton of At Pros and Bountry Hunters. Just my opinion, Garrett missed it by a mile not making the Apex water proof. One fairly new multi frec machine is the made in USA Tarsacci. Very stable in salt water and very good depth. Got some time check it out. In the end, a good hunter, hunting a decent site will make a good machine great.
Caution, none of the above is written in stone.

One comment made in the previous video, is that when going to Beach Mode in the Simplex, the disc lower numbers are grayed out, so they can't be changed. Here's a very short video (actually by one of our forum members), that addresses that.
Man, the guy in that video seems like a great guy that really knows what he's talking about! :biggrin: :ROFLMAO: