Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Since my CTX is awaiting delivery,

bcoop

I grabbed my Excalibur II and my wet suit and headed for a swimming hole. Made it home with 7 quarters, a Kennedy Half, 2 dimes, 2 pennies and 1 nickel. Also had a few pull tabs and a lead sinker.

And 14k made the day.

BCOOP

-- moved topic --

Nice Yellow!!

You had the fever, looks like it got the best of you on the 3o3o

Gold good find Jim

Yep Joe

I took the plunge and bought a CTX3030, I didn't part with my Excalibur or my E-Trac though.

BCOOP

Here's an interesting post from Andy Savage and a few others on how BBS & FBS compare in certain environments.

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,1714146

Nice finds. I'm planning on some water hunting soon - found a place that has an old spillway/mill dam, and a swimming hold just upstream of that - hoping there will be some collections points close to the dam, but have to check out the current first. Hope I can find something similar to what you did today; will keep you posted, but it might be a few weeks before I get to that spot.

If you are doing some river hunting pay close attention to the types of spots like behind rocks and such where the lead sinkers settle and you find them. Those are the places coins will also migrate to in the current. Also, don't overlook right on top of even flat bedrock. Last year a friend found a large cent laying in the wide open on top of a stretch of plain flat bedrock with nothing to block it from being washed down stream other than it being not in the main current.

Thanks guys

It was a nice day to get in the water, I'm ready for the next trip. I can't see parting with my Excalibur or my E-Trac so it looks like it will be a 3 Minelab family when the CTX arrives. :)

Good luck out there and Happy Hunting

BCOOP

And the problem with that is just exactly what??? :minelab: :super:

Tin Fin said:
And the problem with that is just exactly what??? :minelab: :super:

Trying to decide which machine to use on any given day. :biggrin: I've owned many machines over the years but only a few times have I had two detectors both at the same time. I found myself always weighing the pros and cons of the strengths of both machines and trying to decide which one to take out that day.

The last was when I had the QXT Pro still after buying the GT. For woods hunting I'd prefer the faster sweep of the QXT to cover ground quickly until I find areas of activity with any kind of signal, as I can go for long periods in the woods before I find even an iron signal. On the other hand, once I find a spot to hunt I'd rather have the GT because of it's depth and better unmasking ability with a DD coil.

The QXT was a fast machine, and with the ability to set high or low tones for each of it's 8 target zones it was deadly at hearing high tone wanted targets mixed in trash, but the only problem was they only had concentric coils for them. Not nearly as good of separation as the excellent 10" Tornado, and of course the 12x10 is even a big step up from there.

People get confused with recovery speed and think that equals separation. It does not. What the coil sees and doesn't see is what separation is all about. Recovery speed is a non-issue with the proper sweep speed and coil use. The only time fast recovery speed is a must have is when you just don't like sweeping slow. I used to be that way, but now I feel slow recovery actually finds stuff better. In particular the real deep stuff, as it seems to lock onto and "see" super deep stuff with a harder hit and better look as you hover over it, versus a fast machine which is constantly trying to reset on you when you do that.

Not a problem at all, one big happy family. :thumbup:

BCOOP

After all, you've got two arms. :biggrin: Reminds me of a short story if I may. This might sound like nothing to do with your thread but bear with me and I'll tie it all up at the end. I promise I'll keep it short for once.

My brother who scr*wed me and my other brothers and sisters out of an inheritance (roughly over half a million dollars) from an uncle ended up buying two expensive Harleys one day. This was just before I found out that he was walking away with all the money and not splitting it among his brothers and sisters like my Uncle told us he wanted done, as he didn't have any kids and thus we were all like family to him. But, he didn't put it on paper and that was the end of that.

Anyway, I asked my brother what he needed two Harleys for when he can only ride one at a time. Especially since he was bankrupt after a divorce and now he's suddenly wasting money I didn't know where he had. Needless to say when the rest of us saw what was going down and that he wasn't intending to split the money like we always said would be done among us brothers and sisters based on what our Uncle told us, that was the end of that "brother" and several of us will never talk to him again. He expected us to help him when he was in dire straights, and then when we were he just walked away.

OK, enough of that story as promised....So what the heck does this have to do with your thread? Moral of the story is make sure you have a good will because if you don't then God forbid if something happens to you I won't get those machines. :biggrin: Sorry! Really a bad joke in poor taste. Just couldn't resist because you've got one killer line up of machines to envy there! Best of luck with them and let us know how you like that new machine compared to your others for both water and land hunting! Sorry again for the bad joke here. No offense, and I'm sure you'll out live me the way I'm going. I just couldn't resist poking a little fun at somebody who has a dream line up of detectors for water/land hunting. :biggrin: Good luck with trying to decide which one to use on any given day. I wish I had that problem. :thumbup: