Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Since no one has mentioned the new digfellas show

prodrigsr

I guess this one went kaput too. As for me , that whiny voice from one of the digges, is more that I can bear. I just have to turn it off. Too bad we cannot get a decent detecting show. JMHO

They were a little to much for me!

Bill Ladd, has a very strong New England accent, but I believe he is actually from that area. My wife lived in that area for a few years and when she heard Bill talking on one of his video's she said that's how they talk up there. They think we sound stupid, buts its their accent and its at lest real!
And as for their excitement Bill and his sidekick really get that excited. If you go on youtube and watch any of Bill's personal video's Howard really gets that excited, maybe more than they showed on the TV series.
There is also a video of Bill and his friends redoing that old jeep for the show, that was real as well and they were working on it in some friends garage themselves and it didn't look like something in some high dollar high price place.
So, far I've not seen all the episodes but the ones that I have and from the clips of the others they call the things they find what they really are, not a "Round" and they are not swinging from trees. I can see how a lot had to be cut from what all they did to make it fit in a short time slot, each episode is really only 21 minutes long.

So, knowing these guys are from the real world of metal detecting, (Bill Ladd used to be the forum moderator here over the classic forum for years)
He was a field tester for the OLD Fisher company.
I'm going to give the show a thumbs up! (at lest for what I've seen of it so far)

John said:
A car is pronounced car, not caw
LOL! Not in the New England area!

Mark

Hate their accent, real as it might be, they are the worst actors on TV and that is saying something, and several people have noticed that several of their "finds" were dug up from spots with suspiciously looking disturbed dirt in only the exact same areas as some of those finds.
The idiot ex-wrestler has been proven to have planted finds and inflated prices, the producers of this show must think that people are really so stupid that they would not notice these bare spots and freshly disturbed dirt where they find some of their buried targets.
Sad to say they are probably right.

From REVIER said:
they are the worst actors on TV
Well, that kind of makes sense because nether of them are for sure "ACTORS" they are just two guys that I know love to metal detect.

Now, I'll watch some more episodes and watch for the messed up dirt before they dig a find.
Plus when I get a chance later on I will just ask Bill about some of those finds? I know to us watching the show we see them only dig five or six items and then they find two good things and they're off to somewhere else, where as me or you we would have been back after more day after day.
One silver coin I saw Bill dig when they got the camera over to him the spot where he was going to dig had already been cleared away, but I thought that it may have been him spending some time trying to "Call It" before I dig it move, then call the camera crew over for the dig (maybe???)

I'm also pretty sure that the travel channel didn't pay these guys a million dollars per episode to do the show, because they are not "High Paid Actors"

From REVIER said:
Hate their accent

The wife and I are from West Virginia and in her livetime before she knew me, she lived in the New England area, those people up there didn't like her accent at ALL! everything she said was WRONG! or it wasn't a real word at all! "upinunder" (one word) for "Up and Under" and listen to those true "Southerner's" accent. Its just a bit different culture of people.
I'm thinking that "John(TX)" being he has at lest spent enough years living in Texas if he's not from Texas has got his quirky Cowboy "Saddle" accent (not to mean a put down) its just who we are. I get made fun a lot for my Hillbilly accent all the time from people from other cultures of the United Sates.
So, yea, I don't like the Texan saddle (Cowboy) accent, or to better say it, its really strange to me but its just their culture, its a little something that says who they are and where their from, so when I hear them talk I just chuckle and except it and go on.
When my wife hears Bill talking in a video I'm watching, she always turns around and listens for a minute, its an instant reminder of a period in her life from years ago when the Hillbilly girl live Pepperell Massachusetts, the first time she heard Bill voice it only took two words for her to know the area of the country where Bill was from.

Okay I have to ask, who are your talking about here? (I know a little bit about Bill, now Howard I don't know much about?? I'm pretty sure he and Bill has been friends for a long time.
From REVIER}The idiot ex-wrestler[/quote said:

My hopes are that ALL these detecting shows pass quietly away. They are a farce and do more harm than good. (except for making MD sales)

I refuse to watch any of them.

I watched about a minute and a half of a 3 minute YouTube video of Digfellas. That was a minute and a half I can't get back!

CopyTech99 said:
My hopes are that ALL these detecting shows pass quietly away. They are a farce and do more harm than good. (except for making MD sales)

I refuse to watch any of them.

I don't care about their accent. What bothers me is the clowning around. The silly stuff. Why can't they have an informative show that shows real time finds. I would much rather have them talking about technical aspects of metal detecting. Who are these show for? That is where I think the problem starts. They are not for the serious metal detecting crowd. They are for kids and people who never metal detected before.I still watch them, and the producers realize this. They will get the serious metal detecting crowd and the people who want to be entertained. I much preferred the meteorite men,I don't know if you guys & gals ever saw that show. If they had a show that was for relic & treasure hunting I think it would be a good show.

I also wish that those "Reality" shows that pretend to deal with metal detecting would all go away to never return. They do far more harm than good.

I personally lost the opportunity to detect a 1 acre home site due to the Male part of the family having seen just one episode of "Diggers" and their foolish antics. He told me that he did not allow fools like that on his property. I could not convince him that I was not a fool and would not treat his property like those fools did the property they supposedly detected.

"Reality" shows that are supposedly about metal detecting are extremely profitable for showing on television as they are cheap to make and not only do they sell detectors they sell lots of other advertisement.