Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Single frequency mystery

pulltabMiner

I was out hunting this morning using single frequency. I was using 7.5KHz as many users report good depth at this frequency.

I got a a good solid hit with a VDI of 75 at about 4 inches deep. Because in the past I've dug a number of bottle caps I thought were quarters when hunting in single frequency, I decided to check this dime using three frequencies. To my astonishment, the signal changed. The VDI now read 47!! I changed back to single frequency and the VDI returned to 75.

Upon further examination, I realized that in three frequency mode, the Spectragraph was showing the 7.5KHz frequency at a VDI of 75 while the other two frequencies landed elsewhere.

So how does the machine come up with the 47 VDI in three frequency? I was using Best Data.

The rest was: Stock C&J. RX=10, AM=75, DISC=92. 10.5KHz band filter. All VDI's accepted

As it turns out, I never did find out what the target was because my propointer quit working and that distracted me from the signal. But I will investigate this further.

Check single frequency (ies) if normalization was off. The VDI in any single freq with normalization off will read unlike what you are used to due to the change in target resolution as represented by the VDI's.
Too bad you didn't recover the target.

You didn't ID the target and didn't see where the other 2 frequencies registered.

VDI Best Data