Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sizing in Analyze screen

gabbyhayes

I'm a little confused about the sizing function in the analyze screen.
Does the detector ever display anything other than 2 inches? Can this be changed?
What does the two lines at the bottom of the camel hump depict in relation to the 2 inches?? Is the entire width of the screen two inches so if the two lines occupy about half of the screen then the object would be about 1 "???
When using different coils ....scorcher (4x6) vs 10" will the display not be different for the same size objects?
Thanx in advance.

gabbyhayes said:
I'm a little confused about the sizing function in the analyze screen.
Does the detector ever display anything other than 2 inches? (yes) Can this be changed? (yes)
What does the two lines at the bottom of the camel hump depict in relation to the 2 inches?? (start and stop of target signal) Is the entire width of the screen two inches so if the two lines occupy about half of the screen then the object would be about 1 "??? (yes)
When using different coils ....scorcher (4x6) vs 10" will the display not be different for the same size objects?
Thanx in advance.

Look in the expert menu configure and then analysis and then sizing for adjustment choices. Press menu - zoom when on sizing and get an explanation of sizing.

Its just a tool and not exact. Lay some coins down and try it on various size targets.

Rob is much more knowledgeable than I am so don't take everything I say as gospel. The Sizing can be adjusted but here is the problem and the reality. By default you are set on 2 which means the Hump you see is measured as the Coil moves 2 inches. You will see lines on the bottom to depict how far that 2 inch movement was. Not sure if this can be set to 1 but anything larger than 2 gets almost no hump. In other words if the top of the hump is 1/4 of the total distance then your target is about 1/2 inch.

To me this screen has little use other than it does give a good idea of the type metal you may be looking at by showing which Frequency hit harder. It will sometimes tell you if a coin is on end or if you are truely looking at iron instead of a gold ring. I rarely ever use it because I use a Sunray which as a convience I set up with my trigger forward going to Pin Point instead of Sizing. Sizing is easier done by using Pin Point. You can never totally rely on either simply because their may be several coins in one hole all under the coil at the same time.

If you have questions I will try to explain as best I can.

2 is the best setting for this function.

It can be set to 1.

The Analyze Screen
needs to have a period of time of no targets before and after seeing a target. So wait, thousand one, thousand two before sweeping the target and before re-sweeping the target. Pinpoint the target before analyzing. Off center sweeps can cause anomalous patterns.
Settings that are too hot can cause anomalous patterns or no patterns. Having your settings too hot may cause the analysis graph to trigger on ground. If there is enough noise to be triggering it within that required quiet time, then it cannot trigger to display the signal, or it triggers later and shows the wrong data. . If your noise source has signals that are as large as your deep targets, you will not be able to see a good reading either.
"Match Search" is the default setting. If match search is selected, everything that is selected for the SEARCH mode is applied to the ANALYZE mode. Un-checking the match search and changing the options different from your search settings can help.

The Analyze Screen provides a visual of the actual target signal. The Screen provides an indication of the size of the target (distance between the two black lines). “Size” will track search coil sweep speed.
The sizing rule is shown on the lower left side of display. This size applies to each increment marked with dots across the bottom of the screen. The default shows two inches as the display width. This would indicate that the data shown from the left to right edge of the display was collected within a time interval where the loop moved two inches. Accuracy depends on search coil sweep speed, and consistency.

Thanx for the info.
I'll give your suggestions a try.
Just getting into spring here so I'll have a chance to experiment before a person can do some digging.
Thanx again

gabbyhayes said:
Thanx for the info.
I'll give your suggestions a try.
Just getting into spring here so I'll have a chance to experiment before a person can do some digging.
Thanx again

Try listening in Pin Point. The bars in PP give the same info as the colors in the Hump.

Also when the coins are on edge you should see the Hump start to form fall off then build again.

One good thing the Hump does is give you the jagged edges in iron the same as Polar Plot. I never saw a ring or gold do that just a good Hump with the Blue dominate line.

I played around using the Analysis screen on my V3i. After a while I found that I could dig up the target faster than I could figure out what it was trying to tell me and know for sure. I am not knocking the machine or function but there are too many variables which affect the graphical output. My 2 cents only (hopefully wheat or Indian):detecting:.

I'm with you Explorer, detect target, sounds good and VDI in the ballpark with right frequency...... I pinpoint and dig and go find the next one. :thumbup:

Explorer said:
I played around using the Analysis screen on my V3i. After a while I found that I could dig up the target faster than I could figure out what it was trying to tell me and know for sure. I am not knocking the machine or function but there are too many variables which affect the graphical output. My 2 cents only (hopefully wheat or Indian):detecting:.

I am thinking the same. The only exception is times where you are hunting and need to keep the digging at a bare minimum.