Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sizing on the Ctx3030

I'm reading through Andy Sabisch's book on the Ctx and he recommends that we use "sizing" when we find a target. I believe it changes the number of " boxes " on the background of the screen to help you determine the size of a target. If this is correct, then sizing doesn't seem to do do much for me. It doesn't seem to make much difference regardless of ir I'm set on 1x1 or 3x3. Am I wrong? does anyone else see this setting differently?

The boxes have nothing to do with sizing 1x1 2x2 or 5x5 if we use sizing we need to engauge pinpoint target trace what this does is every sweep builds the trace bigger and clearer on your screen (MAKING THE TARGET LARGER ON YOUR SCREEN ) thereby letting you look at the trace if not in pinpopint sizing with trace engauged such as normal the trace will not build and remain on the screen .. sube

To add…if you’re in “pinpoint normal” the target will get automatically ratcheted down as you repeatedly sweep over it to a small point so you know exactly where the target is. In “pinpoint sizing” it does NOT ratchet the signal down to a progressively smaller point….so you can hold the trigger and actually trace out the shape and size of the target in the ground.

If you press and hold the Accept/Reject button you will see the different choices of 1, 2, 3, and 5. These are used for editing patterns, just be ultra clear about what they ARE for. If you want a short video on editing or a general run-through of the controls, just say so.