Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Skin tight!!!!!

tmanly

Saw this guy today. He was in the sun trying to loose his skin....

Tom in SC

9eb2759e-d36c-48df-9f41-ca1316f72bb7_zpsdpd878a8.jpg

n/t

Great shot! Green Anole I believe too Rusty..:thumbup:

I will tell you something, while traveling on business into any southern lizard bearing area, the highlight of my day is to take a piece of dental floss, tie it to a long thin supple twig, make a noose on the end of it, and go and 'lasso lizards'! :rofl: They are far too quick and/or fragile to try to catch by other methods, they dont seem concerned if a person is a few feet away...gently snake that loop in, and pop it over their neck, and bingo!

I keep myself entertained for hours outside a motel just lassoing lizards!:lmfao: It does not harm them at all! The joy is in the capture, and being able to look at them up close for their amazing coloration etc..Generally, some kids staying at the same motel on vacation see me doing this and get involved in this sport, its great fun!

Most guys my age that travel for business prefer alternative pastimes, generally naughty and/or dangerous, always expensive, and have themselves becomed 'lassoed lizards' of another sort...my Wife doesnt worry about what I am up to when I'm gone traveling on the road, my entertainment typically involves turtles, toads, lizards, snakes, skinks, salamanders, or bugs, with an occasional bird or interesting rock...all wonderfully colored and interesting up close..a guy can get entranced just by looking at a toads eye coloration for instance...Great pic Tmanly!! and thanks for the memories!:clapping:
Mud

You are correct on the type of lizard. We have plenty of bricks and rocks in a our yard. They love it here and we often have plenty of all sizes. This guy did not seam to have any fear. After taking the photo, he let me touch him with my finger tip and never moved. The amount of insects they eat, they are great to have around. Thanks for the comments.

Tom in SC