Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

slight issue with coil on manticore

irnwrkr

I was out trying my new manticore and discovered it picks up on the far left side of the coil instead of down the center like every other machine ive used. This ever happen to anyone?

I was out trying my new manticore and discovered it picks up on the far left side of the coil instead of down the center like every other machine ive used. This ever happen to anyone?
Still learning here.
It seemed to hit off center for me on iron and junk.
A quarter inch perfect round ball of can slaw.
Painted a perfect coin circle.
Said 6 inch's down. Turned out 2 inch's.
And pinpointed off to the side of coil.
Not down the center.

Did a factory reset on the machine, waved a quarter down the center, nothing. It will pick up on the right and left edges of the coil but not in the center. This will make life very interesting if there are multiple targets close together, pinpoint however is right dead center.

Still learning here.
It seemed to hit off center for me on iron and junk.
A quarter inch perfect round ball of can slaw.
Painted a perfect coin circle.
Said 6 inch's down. Turned out 2 inch's.
And pinpointed off to the side of coil.
Not down the center.
Is it the same when you turn 45 degrees and swing? This machine is a gift in actual pinpointing.
Did a factory reset on the machine, waved a quarter down the center, nothing. It will pick up on the right and left edges of the coil but not in the center. This will make life very interesting if there are multiple targets close together, pinpoint however is right dead center.
Strange. I just tested mine and the quarter is detected in center just fine.

Welp.
Went out in the front yard. Cked for clean ground.
Dropped a quarter, copper penny,dime an nickel.
Initially hitting all over the coil.
Turned sens down to 10. Yup. Dead center.
Maybe a pin on the coil connection got bent.
I loaned my Simplex out with two coils.
Got a call few days later it's not working.
Upon inspection. I found he bent all the pins over.
Twisted the connection instead of the ferrel.
Took half an hour to fix that.
I wish you Luck brother.

How far away from the coil did you wave the coin when you air tested?
And, how deep were the coins/targets?

Modern high-gain DD coils will double blip on surface targets, unlike concentric coils.
If you get a double/edge blip, try raising the coils 6 inches or so, and see if the signal centers and clears up.
Same with air testing.

Bottom line is that; at least at a distance, the Manticore should center a straight on coin.
A tilted coin, of course, will be off target, but it could also be you've got a bad one. :(

Good luck,
mike

Last edited:
Figures that since I'm contemplating buying a Manticor, all of the problems with them are going to start popping up on the boards.

Don't they test these things before they leave the factory? :thumbdown:

How far away from the coil did you wave the coin when you air tested?
And, how deep were the coins/targets?
i was just testing in driveway on surface coins, then took machine inside, removed coil from shaft and tested with coins in hand. i can get signal on both edges of coil but not in center of coil. with pinpoint on its right dead center

i was just testing in driveway on surface coins, then took machine inside, removed coil from shaft and tested with coins in hand. i can get signal on both edges of coil but not in center of coil. with pinpoint on its right dead center
Distance from cool ?
Sensitivity ?
I couldn't get it to center on surface coins until I turned sens down to 10.

i turned sens down to 8 and i got it to front and center, but still not down center of coil