Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Slightly unusual find

tvr

Found what looks like a French 10 centimes with a backing glued on the looks like it had a pin to be worn pinned to cloths.

CoinBack.jpgCoinEdge.jpgCoinFace.jpg

somone made a button out of it

Found what looks like a French 10 centimes with a backing glued on the looks like it had a pin to be worn pinned to cloths.

View attachment 55179View attachment 55180View attachment 55181
Very cool find, congrats. I like it ! Always a treat to see someone with a little ingenuity make another use of a coin. ie washers, whizzzers, buttons or love tokens. I once found a wheat penny that had been made into a weight of some sort. Again, well done and congrats. Mark

Reactions: tvr
Nice Find there.
I remember when I was young my Grandmother had a button like that made from a $ 1.00 US gold coin.
The Date side was hammered to have a pattern of squares.
I do not know what happened to that.

Wow that is cool. Yes I remember seeing jewelry back in the day with vintage coins displayed.. hhricknmi