Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sling/Harness for Equinox 800?

sstephenson

Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on a good sling or harness for the Equinox 800? I'm an older guy with a periodic history of minor back pain. Nothing major at all, just trying to prevent problems before they start. Is a harness a good investment or is it overkill for this detector? I don't mind spending the money if its really worth it, but the price tag on the Pro-Swing 45 is pretty steep. Any thoughts? I'm about 6'0" and 40" waist, so would that be a good option or are there better (or just as good) ones out there at a cheaper price?

I have a Doc's Swingy Thingy, used it on the CTX, Etrac and the Nox when I had a 15" coil.

I have Minelab’s Pro-Swing 45 that I use with my CTX and I will often use it with my Equinox 800. Yes, the PS-45 is higher priced, but the framing in it distributes the weight better than an over the shoulder sling in my opinion.

ProSwing45 is the one I use when not in the water. I have used it with my Beast (ATX), ATPro with 18" coil, the Equinox 800. The many adjustments and the fact the weight of the detector is transferred to your back via the "J" rod lets me swing the ATX for hours on the wet sand. It is my "right tool for the job". The comfort and ability to swing for longer periods of time made the price well worth it for me. It is easy to interchange between detectors. However, it took several attempts to get all the adjustments correct. Once set it is great.

Thank you very much for your thoughts WaterWalker. While I know that the Nox is lighter than many detectors and the ProSwing45 is pricey, based on everyone's input who has used one, it seems like a good investment for the sake of my back. I'm not getting any younger 🙂

I also use the Pro Swing 45 with my NOX 800 and the 15" coil. I use it everytime I go detecting. I detect more beaches than anything else and I'll swear by it. Walking in the sand is harder on than on hard ground.and takes more effort. Without it, I was only able to detect for about 3-4 hours but with it I can detect for 6-8 hours at a time. I have less shoulder pain after swinging with it too. I'm 61yo and can hang with the best of them. It def is a bit more costly, but the reward is gaining swing time which and equals more chances at finding more treasure. Hope this helps. Good luck and hope you find tons of treasure.

Thanks 714! I appreciate your input. I'll be 61 too in a couple months. Here's to lot's of swing time left for both of us!

I made a sling for my SDC2300 based off of several designs I had seen. Your post makes me wonder about using it on my Eqx… The ergonomics on almost all Minelabs are awful and being tall plus being generally beat up in life-resulting in all kinds of pain, slings help! One of my go to creations is just a good ol’ military camelbak where I hook a bungee to the attachment point on the shoulder strap, and connect the bottom of the pack portion to a belt loop using a caribiner. It works better than it sounds, and I already had 90% of the components. Just an idea…

To add on to my original comment, and also ditto what WaterWalker posted, I purchased a second “J” rod and my Pro-Swing has one on both sides to allow me to effortlessly and quickly use either right-hand or left-hand swing. I can easily go out for a full day of detecting and not wind up with any shoulder or elbow pain. I’m sure there are many good options on the market. This is what works for me.

I just got the Pro swing for my Simplex, I’m 72 and will use it on the Legend when it comes, certainly helps.

To add on to my original comment, and also ditto what WaterWalker posted, I purchased a second “J” rod and my Pro-Swing has one on both sides to allow me to effortlessly and quickly use either right-hand or left-hand swing. I can easily go out for a full day of detecting and not wind up with any shoulder or elbow pain. I’m sure there are many good options on the market. This is what works for me.0
That is a great idea...I need to get a second J rod for my pro-swing for quicker both handed swinging. Definitely not the cheapest but it has helped heaps with my swinging longevity. This getting older just plain sucks sometimes.