Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Slow start to the season

Ted S

I got out today for a couple of hours. drove 45 minutes one way to the site of an old school that was torn down. A dateless Buffalo and a Jefferson nickle,one clad dime,a heart pendant and a memorial cent. The day before I got a 1954 Washington quarter along with 13 clad quarters and a couple of clad dimes. The silver just isn't there! Pending on the area I was switching between field one and park one. Sensitivity between 22-24. Some of you guys are really doing well! Good luck everyone and stay safe! Ted

You’re right Ted, it’s tough! If you want to find silver around here you have to go DEEP. This nonsense about “all my silver has come from 6” or less” is a fairy tale for me. I can count on 2 hands the number of silver coins I have EVER found at 6”>. That’s 10 coins or less out of 520+ coins. You do the math.

Hi Ted at least you found some silver I try to do along the edges everywhere I hunt first slow along sidewalks up to the school has produced some very nice finds this year for me I run field 2 recovery at 4 0 iron and sensitivity as high as I can go most of the time 25.
Here’s a picture of just my big silver for 2020 mostly old schools and parks which I have been doing well along the roadside along a big park by my home ..The Morgan was only 4” down it really surprised me I thought it was a piece of metal it was this past Saturday.
Mark
65E2510A-BBA6-48C2-B242-F080E2B3A2E1.jpeg

Mark...You do really well. And I do hunt the edges and along sidewalks. So does everyone else here! Kevin...I did pick up a couple of Barber dimes last year that were less than an inch deep...But that was in a bean field. My research has found new places in fields but I am not doing any door knocking due to the virus. Good luck guys! Ted