Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

small coil

Big Red

I have been looking at the small coil options on the V3I. Which small coil gives the best performance and depth?

It depends on the use and the soil.

Concentric loops like the [size=large]5.3[/size] have the following advantages:
Can get good targets under bad targets because of their cone shaped field
They are 10% quieter regarding magnetic interference from power lines
They have 10% better trash discrimination on iron - steel bottle caps and foil
They can shape the target without walking around it
They pin point accurately

Wide Scan Loops (DD) like the [size=large]6x10[/size] have the following advantages:
They have better side by side target separation.
They are more sensitive to smaller than coin size targets.
They are more sensitive off the tip area of the coil.
They smooth out the ground reactivity noise by 10%.
The [size=large]4x6[/size] is also a DD coil.

Aftermarket loops not specifically made for V3 will struggle a bit, especially at 22.5 kHz, both with gain setting and with VDI accuracy.

Dang Rob,
I use to be able to add a little info to these post, but now I see you have been studying up and cover just about everything!
I'm just going to have to get up earlier and beat you to them! :shrug:

We are lucky to have Rob helping us out, there are few who knows the V better. :clapping:

Generally speakin' - concentrics for low/moderate mineralization.....DD for higher mineralization....along with everything else previously mentioned.