Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Small DD coil

Old California said:
After reading your post the other day, went to pm coils website and strolled though the site. Very impressive and the coils are well made, seen some on eBay too pricing very reasonable.

Can't wait to see what pm coils has to offer for the ATX, may grab a couple.

Thanks,
Paul

Just got a email back from Greg at pmcoils . This is what I got below...

Hi Darren,

we have 2 field and bench coils being trialed now. Just waiting on the plugs to be finalised so we can get more built. A final peer review period will occur which will take a further month. Dont expect anything

until September earliest. Thanks,

Greg

So looks like September .. oh I got coil sizes too .. This is another email I got from pmcoils

Hi Darren,

the direction we are taking is to make an adapter stem to fit onto the ATX and then allow standard lower stems with traditional

clevis' to fit onto the coils. Just have to buy the adapter once and then any stem with a 20mm wide clevis will suit. So initially

the Nuggeteer range for the ATX/Infinium will have the 9x6, 12x4, 15x5 and 18x6. We

Thanks Darren,

Just seen your post, its been up a few days sorry I missed it.

That's great news for ATX users, pm coils is going to fill a need and sounds like they are covering all bases. No need for ATX users scrambling for other adaptors/parts pm coils will supply everything.

Thanks again,
Paul

Booty Hunter said:
Ready for combat. Military surplus suspenders and belt. Took the clips from my atx bag to clip on upper straps, and sewed velcro to 1" webbing to secure lower end. 1" webbing just sewed tight around the body. It slids up and down to get access to change coils. My carbon rod was purchased on ebay and then I glassed a handle on and bought an Anderson arm cuff. The bottom uses a garrett lower rod glassed in. It is non-adjustable, but I will make another in which the handle and armcuff will be movable. For those unfamiliar with working with glass and epoxy, just buy an Anderson carbon shaft for an infinium for $199.

This setup is truly amazing. I have seen some awesome mods to the ATX to help with weight, but this one is now my favorite. My first question, just like Jason, was that is it still waterproof having it a bit more exposed. That is really nice that it still doesn't let water in anywhere. Showed it around the office here too for you.

Thanks all for the comments on my chest harness. I fell rather kooky in it because it is so much more bulky that my seahunter setup (or the other guys at the beach), but I just saw a photo of myself from my vacation and it looked much better than I realized. Besides, everyone who talks to me is just interested in what I have found.

Brad, I just noticed you are from Kellyco. I bought my seahunter from you guys. Knowing you've see it all at your work, it makes me appreciate your comment ever more.

Oh definitely, we have seen plenty of mods, boss was thoroughly impressed with some of these ATX mods and when yours popped up, it was just significantly different from some of the other shaft mods. It is a nice idea too, reminds me of the underwater machines with the removable control box...just bigger haha. Kooky? Maybe....Effective? Your arm praises this idea im sure.