Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Small F75 coil cleaned house on the coin$! :super:

Bill Ladd

I went back to that old park site on Sunday that I found the seated dime & 3 indian heads. I planned on spending the day there, this time using the smaller coil in all the square nails where the buildings once stood. I hadn't had much time on the small coil due to a prior mix up (my T2 coil was really an F75 one or vice versa). But now that I have the small coils for both units, they sure worked their magic in the iron! I was popping out indian heads like clad on the beach using 2 tones. I was also able to really crank sensitivity into the high 90's with the small coil as well. No silver dimes this time, but I'm sure there's a few more out there amid the nails. I did bag a silver thimble that was pretty cool though. Also a nice V-nickle and a collectible trolley token too.....
I have a few days off this week and may venture back there with the T2 & it's small coil. Hopefully I'll have a couple more pics to show if all goes well. Even though they're just pennies, I'm getting great satisfaction knifing through the iron to get at coins that have been walked over by every brand detector since the 70's (including my old machines) ;)
HH,
Bill

Bill,

Neat finds. Great post.

I'm a new F75 LTD owner but not new to detecting. I plan on using it for coinhunting soon since its getting too hot to hunt for relics. Need advice / suggestions on how to set up my machine using the 5" coil for clad/silver hunts. Basically, what process / settings would you suggest? Thanks in advance for your comments. CCH

Nice indians Bill! The F75 5" coil is DEADLY!!!

Curious, You used the G2 or GB Pro with a small coil yet?

I figured if you could walk to wet black sand & ground balance it, it would work in the iron oxide red clays we hunted in VA. That red dirt sends most VLF's haywire. So, I figured in theory that 19khz could hit hard on bullets & buttons......(& I like the 40 points of iron like the T2 as well.......) I hear it's great in trash & I have had some requests to make G2 videos at cellar holes, etc.....
I didn't see any G2's or new Goldbugs in the fields, but I'm sure someone had one working out there.......
I wish I had gut ahold of one. We shot over 2 hours of video digging bullets/buttons in that nasty red clay. If the G2 had been a star it would have really shown on my movie & YouTube. Maybe next time.......
Bill

:thumbup:Congrats Bill...I hope to find at least a couple Indians this year, their so rare in my parts.

"outrageous" hunt!..bill!..
5" dd's a killer!..gotta be some more sittin' ladies there!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Thanks for posting your results. Looking at my new T2 5" coil as I type......and grinning:).......with unbridled expectations

Nice haul Bill!

I love the 5" coil in the trashy sites but feel kinda impotent in the clean spots so now I carry both with me if I'm going any distance from the car. It sure beats wishing I had one or the other with me when I got all the way out to a site.

by using disc 21 (to break up nails) & 2+ tones to make coins just "chirp" right out of the iron.....
But going back over the same spots with the small DD I think you can get even "tighter".....or the coil is seeing less under it & I'm finding even more.
I might head back today for a couple hours (& a couple indians?) as its supposed to rain tommorrow.
HH,
Bill