Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Small finds around old pond

Acropulsion

First time post:
Went hunting around my family’s small pond for the first time, been in the family for 100 years or so. Water level is low, but found a wheat, 5 memorials and a 1980 nickel. All found within 1-3 feet of the waters edge except the nickel which was 5-6 feet away.
Question: does this have anything to do with the weight of certain coins as to how quick they’re washed into the pond? For example; dimes are lighter so they may be underwater, while heavy quarters would be 7-10 feet from the water edge? Is this an observed phenomenon or am I just being too hopeful?
Btw I’ve only been at this for about 4 months.

Welcome to the forum.

I will say what you are seeing at that sight is more in line with were people are hanging out around the pond. Maybe setting up for fishing or some kind of activity. I think you will find that the dimes and quarters will kind blend together as you get things cleaned out.

Kids may tend to play a little closer to the waters edge could explain the dimes and the adults with the big bucks tend hang back a little.

I don't think it has much to do with sinking.

Ron in WV