Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Small thin chain found with AQ LTD

tvr

I rarely get chains, let alone this small. Was about knee deep in the wash and the AQ hit on this one. Did not come up on the first scoop but did on the second scoop. No good way to know how deep it was but it is heard well on the AQ in the air at 4 inces and fades out around 5 inches. It is next to a dime I dug today. Not sure if I hit on the clasp or the little balls on the chain. I tested it with the Excal and need to be about an inch or closer to the coil to hear anything in all metal and scraping the coil to get it in disc mode with disc set on minimum ... it nulls at 1/2 an inch and nothing at an inch in disc.
Markings in two places say 925.
7Sep2023Chain.jpg

Fantastic find considering it's size. I've often wondered how many small gold and silver chains I've walked over in all my years of beach and water hunting.
A few years ago I was considering getting or making a rake to snag chains like this. The more I read of those who used them had me rethink because the reported effort to drag the rake through the sand seemed to be a better endeavor if I were a few decades younger.
ChainRake.jpeg

A few years ago I was considering getting or making a rake to snag chains like this. The more I read of those who used them had me rethink because the reported effort to drag the rake through the sand seemed to be a better endeavor if I were a few decades younger.
View attachment 46059
Something like that behind an ATV would be sweet.

View attachment 46059
That might not be to difficult in the wet sand on the beach head just above the water line.

A friend found a 14k gold heart pendant that looks like that clasp. Like 1/4” or so diameter. My AQ saw it on top of the sand at like 3” with high black sand content. I suspect it was louder for him than for me.