Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SMART COMPADRE

ken ward

I give my detectors a bath. Took out the batteries and hung them up. Well, today the wind was not blowing. Only 20 * outside. I did not think it was too bad. I put on my snow boots and my snow suite. Grabbed the compadre and out the door we go. Only a few blocks away to a park. Some snow on the ground and still snowing. Got to the park. Took out the compadre, Put on my goodies bag and knee pads. Went to my little spot and before I put on my head phones I turn on the detector, because I know how loud that long beep can be.. I did not hear anything. I turn it off and back on again,,, NOTHING.. Do you ever catch your self talking to your detector. Well, I do . In fact I do that a lot. What is wrong with you my little lady. Don't want to talk to me. Is it to cold for you? I kept talking to it until I remembered that I took out the battery. Now, who is talking to who. Well, maybe the compadre is smarter than me. It did not want nothing to do with that cold. So, I go back home. Wipe the moisture off and said that we will wait till spring. I could tell that it was happy. I don't like the cold any way... Hope you had fun with this. I had nothing else to do... KEN

I use the original grey ghosts on my vaquero and I fired up the the vaq one time and nothing turned every knob, took the battery out and reset it still nothing. Come to find out the toggle switch on the phones was in the wrong position. Boy did I feel silly! :rofl:HH!

I was detecting in a park a week ago and after digging a pull tab i noticed that compadre was very quiet .......too quiet , put coil near a metal post .......nothing ......checked disc it was set very low so that's OK.....turned it off then on ......nothing , no batt beep......put in a new battery still nothing . so now I'm thinking great i have to send it in as its only a month old......that's really bad cause i am not wanting to part with my new fav toy.

*note to self check headphone volume control first next time.......all was OK :detecting:

next time check that first , guess i bumped that dial digging the tab.......maybe i need a backup compadre ????? just in case

It sure is funny the things you do or don't do that will drive you crazy about your detector. You know something is wrong, but where and what. My detector don't want to go out side because it is too cold.
This morning the wind chill goes down to -25* below. I don't want to go out either. I just stay inside and read... KEN