Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SMART question

Reeseb

Or is it dumb question? I just got my SMART and used it for about 45 minutes yesterday so not much hands-on yet. I did bury a clad dime in the park at a full 10 inches and the thing sounded off great on it with and without boost! I was pretty shocked.

Here's the question: In two tone mode with the discriminator knob all the way to the right, are you really able to discriminate most aluminum smaller than pulltabs? I want to use this detector in a few old parks that have been hunted to death but still have foil, pop can bits and pulltabs. Is anyone else hunting parks with this machine or is it best to stay in less trashy areas?

It will take out some small aluminum stuff at full disc...

but the beauty of the Analog audio is the ability to tell the harder jagged surface hits from the deeper Rounder smoother good target's at depth like you saw at 10 inches or more.

learn to use the modulated audio and the lack of full disc to your advantage..

Keith

Thanks, Keith. It will take some time to learn the nuances. I'm using Killer B Wasps with the unit now. I also have Liberty and Fisher Deluxe headphones. Is there a better pair for this machine? I've got about 1.5 hours with it hunting and I really enjoy it and want to make sure I'm taking advantage of the audio with the right headphones. This is going to be great adventure. :)

Keith Southern said:

but the beauty of the Analog audio is the ability to tell the harder jagged surface hits from the deeper Rounder smoother good target's at depth like you saw at 10 inches or more.

Keith

Reeseb said:
Thanks, Keith. It will take some time to learn the nuances. I'm using Killer B Wasps with the unit now. I also have Liberty and Fisher Deluxe headphones. Is there a better pair for this machine? I've got about 1.5 hours with it hunting and I really enjoy it and want to make sure I'm taking advantage of the audio with the right headphones. This is going to be great adventure. :)

Keith Southern said:

Keith
From what I have read on the forums the lower ohm headphones are better on the DeepTech's. I have a very inexpensive set of 32 ohm headphones (I got them at the Five Below Store)(everything there is $5.00 or less) and they sound great on the DeepTech Gold.

Reese..

The low ohms can tell you so much more about the targets signature...

The fisher phones are the right type...they are the old school type...they work well with analog..

The killer bs are a no go on the vistas.

Keith

Thanks for the help guys!

But beware about full range discrimination.... My Vista Gold with full open disc knob will be mask coins by iron... you can hear only low ton for foil... but when you go to the left you hear high tone of coin.

Take coin and foil and hold it togheter and check it. Disc all way left - low tone.

Dear Guys and Girls
I have just bought a second hand Vista Smart but have noticed a slight problem. If you use earphones, then turn it off. Remove earphones. Turn it back on, there is no sound. I have to disconnect the batteries, then the sound comes back on. any idea how to fix
Yours sincerely Richard

I hope fixing it isn't a big problem