Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Smooth audio question

dbado1

I was watching a couple of Gordon Heritedge's (sp?) videos from a few years back and he likes using smooth audio. I've tried it a few times and didn't care for it. What got me about the videos was the tones. It seems the low smooth tones were the good targets and the higher pitched ones were not as he just walks on by them. Roman copper and bronze coins give a low long tone as does lead in his vids.

Using a 8"x6" SEF coil and his settings, on various targets, I could not reproduce his tones. Copper still sounds like copper just " smoothed" out. Same with lead, etc. So how does he achieve this? Thanks!

Dean

The target will respond differently according to SIZE as well,this is likely why. Their targets are just way smaller.

He had the threshold pitch set to 1. I tried it but it still did not produce the same result. In a couple of his vids he used an open screen, multi, conductive, smooth. The rest of the settings like volume gain, etc. we're pretty standard...almost maxed. The vids are on You Tube. I searched " E-Trac settings in iron" and found them. He hunts some great permissions! Thanks for the responses!

Dean

I saw the threshold LEVEL at 17....threshold PITCH it didn’t show unless I didn’t see it. There’s some variable that’s unseen,but I’ve seen other videos where their hammered and romans come in low,using Conductive. I still think it’s the exact type and composition of target. Unless you’re going there,don’t worry about it. You can’t flip flop tones completely,like making silver come in low,UNLESS...you have a CTX.

Or a GPX;). Unfortunately, I'm not going there anytime soon. Digging Roman coins would be the dream. Thanks!

Dean

dbado1 said:
Or a GPX;). Unfortunately, I'm not going there anytime soon. Digging Roman coins would be the dream. Thanks!

Dean

Yes a GPX too! I’m not going there either:lol:
Good luck Dean, I’ve also wanted to make my Explorer sound like that because the signals seemed more obvious. But unless I’m wrong we’re just talking about completely different target types. If you find a way...please post it!