Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Snow Be Gone

David-Edmonton

We were hit by some heavy snow today. They said on the radio that there was a 60+ car pileup on the QE2 highway here.

Look up "Traffic officials investigating massive QE2 chain-reaction crash" on Google.

I know that Albertains are known to be horrible drivers but seriously?!?! How is it possible to get in a pile up like that? How can it happen unless there was zero visibility. I am glad I didn't buy a house up in Leduc. That town relies on that one highway to get to and from Edmonton.

I tell ya - this snow is not going to get the better of me. No need for an official snowblower - not this year. I had to take care of it my way. I live on a corner lot. It was like clearing out a caved in trench especially once I reached the corner. My walkway was just about completely covered over. I had to find it starting from the sidewalk. This backpack blower is just insane! Unbelievealbe on how much air force it gives out. I bought it today knowing that I would have to shovel it all out otherwise. I couldn't resist a sale. I wasn't up for 2-3 hours of shoveling. It took me a bit over an hour to clear out the double driveway, the entire sidewalks, along the side of the garage, house paths at the side of the house and that front walkway. I also did the two side neighbours as I have always done (except their driveways - not this time). I'm nice but not that nice.

Give me some time and I'll have my entire lot cleared of snow and then I can get some metal detecting done ahead of schedule. I am looking forward to MD'ing my place. There's treasure in them thar hills!

Nice work! Yeah that blower is the ticket on the light stuff! Just read about that wreck on yahoo news..300 people hurt? Just an awful winter for detectorists, not like last year. Stay warm!
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Nice work! Yeah that blower is the ticket on the light stuff! Just read about that wreck on yahoo news..300 people hurt? Just an awful winter for detectorists, not like last year. Stay warm!
Mud

The great thing about Alberta is that the snow here is light compared to Ontario. I don't miss that heavy, wet snow. I just needed some power to clear this snow. I was using a different blower before yesterday - a hand held leaf blower also from Echo. 25cc just wasn't enough. 63cc is just perfect - 204 mph Maximum Air Speed. The snow was deep but was no match for that new blower. I could have easily stayed back to avoid getting hit by lots of flying snow but I was determined to get the job done as quick as I could. Haha.