Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SNOW<SNOW well i guess i will not be going MD:beers:

This is the idea time to do some research, clean your equipment, and visit with your fellow friends on the Forum. Thankfully, we have not had the snow and ice that you folks have had, but we have had our share of rain here in South Texas which keeps us indoors more than we would like. Please have a great day up there in the north country. Kelley (Texas) :)

I thought the other day i seen snow Texas somewhere on the news.I am starting to get cabin fever earlier every year turned my equipment on off checked it all out charged batteries .Oh well hoping for early spring and long summer.Hope you get out if we cant.

was lucky in only getting the rain. We do have water standing in low areas and most every where you want to hunt is muddy and wet. I can not complain because so many of my northern friends can not hunt because of cold, snowy, miserable conditions...my heart goes out to them. I may try to find a spot to metal detect tomorrow with my MXT...there are a few spots that may not be too muddy. I have trouble seeing the coin if the soil is too muddy...my eye sight is not what it use to be. Kelley (Texas) :)

I am south of houston area and I can tell you it is wet here. Hope it dries out soon.

and they will be out looking for a warm rock to sun themselves on the first warm day we get. I remember one February a few years ago when we had a warm day and I was doing some relic hunting at a old military camp site...must have hunted for pretty near an hour before I noticed a small rattlesnake laying on top of a large rock. This rattlesnake blended in with the color of the rock and I was hunting within ten feet of it before I noticed it laying there. This was a small snake, maybe two feet long, but just as deadly as a larger rattlesnake. It got nasty when I attempted to chase it away...it just wanted to fight rather than leave that warm spot. I finally gave up and went to another site to hunt. You folks probably have lots of water moccasins being forced out of the low lying areas because of the swollen creeks...be careful out there. Kelley (Texas) :)

Kelly, For me the snake always wins. LOL Unless I have something with a trigger.
Yes Sir we tromp around in the woods of Memorial Park here and I am always thinking of snakes as I step over the logs. You be careful as well. TX

Hillsboro, OR (NW Oregon) I got in some detecting this afternoon in what some might consider "up north" in a short-sleeved shirt. :) We get very little snow around here. Maybe a day or two a year, and on the nasty, stormy years, like December of '08, we had white stuff around with cold weather for a chunk of December.

Honestly, I miss "winter" as I used to know it in Utah as I could get more research done, but around here I've never had to shovel rain, so when it stops things might be wet-to-muddy, but certainly detectable. :)

Sorry to hear about snow for some of you folks. You might want to go hunt some PA ground hogs next year, or only let them come out at night (no shadows!)

Monte

PS: Our 'average' high this time of year is about 50

In the low 20s here 6 to 8 inches of snow NE some parts of Ohio got it worst and pa across the border really took it hard well spring is around the corner ,don't know which corner though.Hope you get some good finds while your out in a short sleeve shirt.
.:detecting:

Here's the weather report we got tonight.

40s here and rain again yesterday,last night. Ground is so bad, I cant even get out in my yard to prune plants around the house. Well, I have a hunting trip lined up for tomorrow, but its in the hills so maybe it will work out. Yes, I think most of us are ready for this winter to be over. Been a cold wet one down here.
Ive been looking at a few old plats I got off our new Map Forum. Found a few interesting places, now to get permission.
Best of luck to you guys,
John

Have a day off today well its raining :angry: hopefully i can get out this weekend I just got a M6 two weeks ago and im dying to try it and just got a 6x10DD coil for it i want to try. Im going to pray to the sun gods for good weather:twodetecting:

Dang!
I'm here in Indiana. Last week we had two winter storm warnings
that ended up droping a whole %$@#$ load of the white stuff. Both times
I had to be out in it cleaning out the parking lot.......(a large parking complex)with a snow shovel. We don't
have a snow blower and can't afford to have a truck/plow come out every time
we get enundated. Last night we had another winter advisory. At 3am it started
and by 1pm we had almost 8 inches of snow. I'm sure I don't have to tell
anyone what MY feelings are about it.
Katz

There are some nice BIG snakes in those deep woods........some of the other "journal" members have seen them.:yikes:

Robbie

Last year this time it was short sleeve weather seriously! now snow snow snow and more snow and i am a good ole northern boy it followed me here to Roanoke VA .It took ten years to find me ha ha LOL got to love it.:nopity: