Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So, do you folks have other interests/hobbies that you like to persue beside MDing?

Just kinda lookin to see if MDing is our only common ground or do you enjoy other hobbies and such. Anything that you are passionate or fanatical (in a good way) about. As for me, MDing is something I've been interested in for many years and have lurked on a number of sites, but it wasnt till I let go another hobby/sport whatever you want to call it, that I actually started "swingin a tector". I have been instantly consumed with MDing, I love it, no matter what I dig up, or if I dig nothing, I love the unknown expectation of what you might find at any given site. Before this though I was into Drag Racing, did it for 15 years. I'm a die hard, true blood MOPAR guy, but please dont hold it against me. :wacko: After the first 4-5 years my dad decided he needed to give it a try, so I got to share that with him for quite a while. He was still driving his car up till 6 months before he passed at age 77. Not too many guys running 120 MPH at that age. I loved traveling the midwest with him to these different tracks where we already had internet friends waiting. Below is a pic of my car, which I sold 3 years ago this month. My family always went to the track with me, but it just wasnt good, quality family time, so I decided to let go my passion to do things we ALL can share in. Been doing a bunch more camping, fishing and float trips and now MDing. My son, the oldest, loves going deer hunting with me and the daughters THINK they want to........till they see how cold it can get, and they have to be quiet:yikes: . :lol: Anyway, heres a few pix of me and mine doing OTHER things.

How bout you, what else do YOU like to do?

[attachment 228353 Sikestonsmokem3.jpg] [attachment 228354 floatin.jpg]
[attachment 228356 hamminitup.jpg] [attachment 228357 fish.jpg]

Yes I do other stuff too,Build dune buggy's and VW motor(air cool),Fish,Travel a lot,Make fly bait,An love my aviation stuff,And I love M/Ding.Damn I didn't know I did all this stuff.:blink:

Besides metal detecting I like to work on old tractors and also raise garden crops. I also enjoy making and repairing things with a welder.

601 Ford tractor in the surgery center..............

[attachment 228370 1.jpg]

[size=large]We race too![/size]

[attachment 228371 akfish.jpg]

[size=large] We like a fish for dinner once in awhile.[/size]

[attachment 228372 leebass.jpg]

[size=large]The girls like to fish. [/size]

[attachment 228373 MasterDave.jpg]

[size=large]We take karate classes from Master Dave.[/size]

[attachment 228374 Leesbuck2.jpg]

[size=large]We hunt.[/size]

[attachment 228375 girls.jpg]

[size=large]And with four growing girls, we try to save money any way we can on clothes. [/size]

You don't see many of those Dart sedans around. Especially with the tires smokin' like that!!! I love the smell of tire smoke in the morning. :)

I like to fish, too, but just like my metal detecting I don't make enough time for it! My Dad and I go a fishing avfew times each year. He just turned 79 and he can't go for as long at a time as he used to, but we have both declared this year we are going to go more! We went a couple of weeks ago, but now the boat is in the shop for electrical problems, plus he just had cataract surgery on his right eye and is scheduled for the same surgery later in April on his left eye. Maybe by the time it gets so hot the water is boiling he will be in shape to go again:biggrin:

I own a '70 2-seater and a '71 humpster. People luv/hate 'em cause they're beautiful! Like workin on old cars, gardening, roll hunting, collectibles, dirtfishing. Gave up hunting and fishing 'cause when I'm not mowing the lawn, I'm detecting, working and raising kids, not much time for anything else.

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

I did everything except body work and paint. It was nice to finally have the car you would have built when you were young and didn't have the money. This shot with my wife was used in a calendar back in 2000. The bike was my old expert class 750 BSA If I still had it I would race the vintage senior class today. (no joking, there is a class for us...old guys.)