Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So far from what I can tell is there is definitely a depth issue on mine and Jim's machines but how many of you also have these two things going on

digitrich

Both Jim and I have incredible amounts of falsing in the 1-29 to the 1-39 line. 1-31 is the biggest culprit and it chirps high in conductive and ferrous tones both, so it is unavoidable, and when I disc it out, it still comes in and reads on the smart find and shows the digital 1-31 mocking me, laughing at me, as if I had done nothing. Now get this:::: When I disc out the top two lines 1-29 through 1-39 and also the line below:2-29 through 2-39 IT STILL FALSES TO 1-31 and literally appears 1-31 on the screen; I can't get rid of it:surprised: Has anyone else been getting that?

Secondly, we both have a "pitch hold" kind of sound that is just barely audible within our nulls. It's hard to explain, but you would know it if you had heard it.

Please let us know if either of those two things are occurring with your machines.

Secondly, we both have a "pitch hold" kind of sound that is just barely audible within our nulls. It's hard to explain, but you would know it if you had heard it.

I have that too, I think it's normal.

J

digitrich said:
Both Jim and I have incredible amounts of falsing in the 1-29 to the 1-39 line. 1-31 is the biggest culprit and it chirps high in conductive and ferrous tones both, so it is unavoidable, and when I disc it out, it still comes in and reads on the smart find and shows the digital 1-31 mocking me, laughing at me, as if I had done nothing. Now get this:::: When I disc out the top two lines 1-29 through 1-39 and also the line below:2-29 through 2-39 IT STILL FALSES TO 1-31 and literally appears 1-31 on the screen; I can't get rid of it:surprised: Has anyone else been getting that?

Please let us know if either of those two things are occurring with your machines.

You have a bad coil and/or a bad machine. I know you are talking about E-Tracs but I went through three SE's before I got that sorted out. I wanted to wrap the first two around a freaking tree they were falsing so badly. The third SE ran as smooth and silky as any Explorer I have owned. You will also see in my E-Trac field report that my E-Trac is extremely well behaved in the iron, more so than my SE or Explorer XS or II are.

jbow said:

I have that too, I think it's normal.

J

Roger that, I noticed that today on mine as well.

I am trying to keep all my stuff brand new for resale, so I am only using the se control box.. so I am using the same coils on the etrac I use on my SE

I TO GET THE PITCH HOLD TYPE SOUND A
EVERY NOW AND THEN DURING A NULL BUT GET VERY LITTLE FALSEING OF ANY KIND.AND HERE AT MY HOUSE IS THE FIRST PLACE I HAVE HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH INTERFERRENCE .A FEW TIMES WHEN A STREET LIGHT WOULD COME ON I WOULD GET A LITTLE BUT WOULD NOISE CANCEL AND IT WAS GONE,RAY.

Charles, I have figured out that it is not the coil as I get the same result with three different Pro coils, and now 7 other coils as well. I also checked my ETrac with two different SR Probes and then again with no probe at all with the same results. Thanks for your help and ideas. I remember when you were having problems with your SE's and I couldn't believe that you got two different bad machines, sorry if I showed a lack of sympathy at the time. I kept trying to figure out what you had set up wrong instead of realizing, if Charles can make his own coils for his Explorer, just maybe he has a clue on the settings of one:heh: Again, sorry if I seemed too helpful.

They are both the exact same coil, (SE Pro and ETrac Pro); but you have tried some of your other coils haven't you, Jim?