Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

so far so good

jd88047

The discrimination is excellent. What coil do you guys suggest? What about depth, not getting much over 5 inches?

jd88047 said:
The discrimination is excellent. What coil do you guys suggest? What about depth, not getting much over 5 inches?

Go back and read my post Sensativity figured out first,

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,2340857

The common misconception is that a bigger coil will get deeper and this is based on real life tests, but in real life use these big coils add so much blending and lack of separation you lose way too much. My 90% Coil now is a Sunray 8" I have always hated the Stock Coil. I also really like the Coiltek 10X5. These add the separation that you must have. I commonly get 8" or 9" coins all the time with Nails laying on or right beside them. Discrimination does not even affect an Etrac so run it and leave plenty of Wiggle room especially on the Ferrous side. I open up to 23 Ferrous on all the Conductive numbers I want to find. I usually open up 11-15 for Nickles and 32 to 49 on the High conductors. 37 and 38 for me is usually a crushed Screw Cap so I often ignore these.

I think Sunray is about gone which is why I bought two of the Sunray 8" so if you can find one buy it. I have never tried the Minelab 8" myself but when it comes to coils I have tried almost all of them. The Coiltek is a good one as well but the little 10X5 really shines.