Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So I bought an Equinox 900

Tommy Boy

First of all, I want to say that I have never used a Nox, I have used Minelabs in the past, like the Explorers, of which the Explorer II, was my favorite. I have also put a lot of hours on the E-Tracs, one of my all time favorites. I have been keeping an eye out for a clean Nox, and was lucky enough to find a new in box 900, that came with the 6" coil and wireless headphones. I bought it last Thursday, unboxed it, charged it, paired the headphones, then put it on the kitchen table for air testing. I fired it up and it ran pretty smooth, very little chatter. That is a big deal at my house, because I have some serious EMI, inside and outside of my place, most detectors that I turn on even near my house go nuts. I thought wow, I wonder what I wonder how it will air test. This was by no means a scientific test, just waving coins in front of the 11" coil after doing a noise cancel. I was very impressed, the 900, sounded off on every coin, clear and with some respectable depth,, even on lower sensitivity.

Time to hunt. I took the 900, to an old school location, turned it on, did the noise cancel, did the ground balance, and started hunting in Park 1, stock program, 20 sens. The 900 ran stable and smooth, so I cranked up sens to 25, still stable and smooth. I found a location that was clear of targets and laid some coins on the ground, to get a feel of how the numbers would look like. The 900 sounded off clear and crisp on every coin, the location that I was hunting, is just now getting new grass, about 1" high, so I don't want to dig deep holes and take a chance of getting band from the location. I decided to only dig shallow targets and study the deeper targets, without digging.

The 900 is a real pleasure to use, lite weight, stable and powerful, it was hitting targets that were maxed out on the depth meter, with clear repeatable signals, I am eager to find some places where I can dig some 10" plus targets. Right now I am working on the basics, before moving on the the advanced settings. One thing for sure, the 900 is a very capable metal detector, using the turn on and go, it will find good targets, right out of the box. I am very happy with my purchase. Next hunt, I will get the 6" coil out and see how it does.

I was hunting in 5 tone, and doing quite well, I found a lot of clad, the oldest from the 70's, but I know deeper and older coins are down there, once the grass gets to the mowing depth, I am going to find out. How many tones are you guys using, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Five tones like the others have said. Don't forget that you can adjustthe volume for each tone as well as change the pitch.