Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So let's see some V3.0 Finds and Get Some V3.0 Feedback . . . . .

Andy Sabisch

Now that V3.0 has finally been released and most owners have installed the software let's start seeing some of the finds it produces and hear some feedback as to how the changes work in the field - in your area.

Andy

First trip out, first target a nice little silver ring. Coincidently my birth country's flag (Lithuania).

First complaint? It's like a new detector and it has a new (for me) learning curve. I had V2 set up to distinguish coins very easily and unfortunately I need to "play" aroud and get that back. Not really a complaint ...it's just kind of like a new purchase..even though I've used my Deus since January 2011.

I especially love fooling around with the Goldfield program...kind of reminds me of a PI but with I.D.

Regards, Joe (California)

Joe

Was that a beach find or park find? Nice way to start out either way! :cheers:

Have to ask about your avatar . . . is that a ring you found? If so, it looks like a beauty

Andy

Joe,

I will call you next week when I get to the LA area. I have the green light for more detecting this time out. Let's plan on a park hunt or two as well as hitting some sand. I am excited to tinker in something soft to dig. LOL

talk to you next week,
Joe

Andy,

Great information on the Reactivity settings. Which program were you using and what were the individual settings? Many thanks.

Norm

========================
MODERATOR COMMENT:
========================

The post that Norm is referring to was moved to it's own thread . . . . . the message & replies can be found here: http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1927407

Very impressed with the v 3.0 changes so far. Love the full tones, the id norm., and the new silencer. No major finds yet but I,ve just started with v3.

null_zps640c0d0e.jpg

null_zpscd794f16.jpg

null_zps4ab396d7.jpg

null_zps2d565e1d.jpg

Some relic hunting, some coin shooting.

It's a bit like V2, just better.

scoopjohnb said:
It's a bit like V2, just better.
Duh! It just came to me; with v3 "this one goes to 11!" :)
No stunning finds myself, but definitely improved goods/trash ratio, and more goods in general.

Rich

I found 2 small silver rings, one per hunt, in an area that I have cherry picked silver before. They have been there for a long while and V3 plucked them out of the trash.

hi guys, anyone tested the v3.1 on the saltwater wet sand or in the saltwater?
i have been trying it with the antenna mod but there's just too much chatter... anyone care to share any settings for the saltwater that's proven successful for you?

I was searching a soccer field in a huge complex this past Saturday. Digging the usual shallow targets when I got this quarter signal (94) about 3-4 inches and pulled this LC out of the ground. The area was a farm field once and I've pulled a couple old shotgun brass and copper objects but was really surprised since I was not near where the old homestead was located. I'm ashamed to say I nicked it thinking it was just another quarter. Its so burned out I can't make a date.

There was a grounds keep painting lines on the field. I was done for the day so I walked over to him while he was taking a pause. Held out the coin and said "this is why I like this hobby". Long story short, we had a nice conversation. He pointed out where the most used fields were and wished me further luck. The same field I found the bundle of silver rings, huge silver earring and a couple small ones since the v3.0 upgrade. I have yet to find gold in this park since I started hunting it 3 years ago, but it is near my house and nice to get out to for a quick hunt before the heat/humidity gets unbearable.