Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So my wife asked today...

FooserPaul

When is that new thing you want coming out and which account are you buying it from ???

and I NEVER ASKED !!!!

I've just been talking about it and the features non-stop :)

I have to remember this method for the future :)

Paul

Never ever say the shoe or purse account........................and don't ask me how I know.:)

HH
BB

n/t

Nine years ago, we moved to a new house, with a 30 x 50 barn (MAN-CAVE!!!). I told her to stay out of it, and went out under the first full moon and pottied on all four corners, designed to mark my territory and thus keep her from going inside.
I hid a 40 horse Kubota Tractor in that barn, and she didn't find it for almost 4 months. When she did, she put me to work with it, mowing pastures for other folks. Sneaky woman put an ad in the paper and they started calling me. Once a month, I would give her enough money to make the payment on the tractor. After a year and a half, she discovered my secret bank account, appropriately titled on the spreadsheet she found opened on my computer, "Dennis Secret Account". It had $17k plus a bit of change that 1. I had made with the tractor, and 2. She knew nothing about. When she demanded to know where the money came from, I started to tell her that I was a part time gigolo, but she would know that ain't so, cause I am a fat old man.

Instead, I told the truth....well, I thought it sounded like it, that I had been working hard mowing, saving money to take her on a cruise. She wasn't buying that "Truth" at all. I was mostly concerned on my ability to outrun her if she started going through my purchases reflected on that spreadsheet, which reflected all the man toys I had bought that were resident in my now co-ed former man cave. I trembled with abject fear, because I have seen that woman unhinge her lower jaw and swallow children whole!

Well, I "voluntarily" closed my secret account, swore never to do so again, and she place her unhinged jaw back in place, thus sparing my life I am sure.

Fast forward to now. Here I sit, in my 2012, 32 foot, 3 slide new MAN_CAVE travel trailer, in a beautiful Bastrop Texas KOA campground, working, making money, and somehow, in the past month of money deposits in my renamed "Special Account", I have Procured....yeah, that's the ticket, "Procured" enough funds to buy two AR-15's and more importantly, within the past week and a half, the gods have managed to arrange my paychecks so that I could pay money to a certain metal detector superstore (rhymes with bellyhole...sorta), without getting caught, a sum of money which should put me within one or two hundred dollars of the cost of a CTX3030 PLUS a 17 inch coil.

And the BEST PART! She can't unhinge her lower jaw far enough to swaller me whole 200 miles away! Of course, if she reads this, or someone here spills the beans, my Man-Cave barn back home may become a pink painted sissy house. I'm just sayin.......so said superstore should be sending my brand new MAN-TOY to my portable MAN-CAVE, so that we may bond, and become ONE lean mean metal detecting team.

So, SHHHHHH !!! don't tell my wife!!

Great read Dennis. You've got my style of humor. Enjoy the new machine.

NebTrac

Great posts, cracks me up, We all have more than metal detecting in common, I can see that.

I DON"T WANT TO HERE IT!!!!!! I CAN"T HIDE NOTHING FROM MINE been there done that

FooserPaul said:
When is that new thing you want coming out and which account are you buying it from ???

and I NEVER ASKED !!!!

I've just been talking about it and the features non-stop :)

I have to remember this method for the future :)

Paul

Order 2 you need a back up and a loaner detector :rofl:

Since you've dropped your mistress, your saving a ton of money and getting the CTX was the reason. She will then love the CTX.

kuletule said:
Nine years ago, we moved to a new house, with a 30 x 50 barn (MAN-CAVE!!!). I told her to stay out of it, and went out under the first full moon and pottied on all four corners, designed to mark my territory and thus keep her from going inside.
I hid a 40 horse Kubota Tractor in that barn, and she didn't find it for almost 4 months. When she did, she put me to work with it, mowing pastures for other folks. Sneaky woman put an ad in the paper and they started calling me. Once a month, I would give her enough money to make the payment on the tractor. After a year and a half, she discovered my secret bank account, appropriately titled on the spreadsheet she found opened on my computer, "Dennis Secret Account". It had $17k plus a bit of change that 1. I had made with the tractor, and 2. She knew nothing about. When she demanded to know where the money came from, I started to tell her that I was a part time gigolo, but she would know that ain't so, cause I am a fat old man.

Instead, I told the truth....well, I thought it sounded like it, that I had been working hard mowing, saving money to take her on a cruise. She wasn't buying that "Truth" at all. I was mostly concerned on my ability to outrun her if she started going through my purchases reflected on that spreadsheet, which reflected all the man toys I had bought that were resident in my now co-ed former man cave. I trembled with abject fear, because I have seen that woman unhinge her lower jaw and swallow children whole!

Well, I "voluntarily" closed my secret account, swore never to do so again, and she place her unhinged jaw back in place, thus sparing my life I am sure.

Fast forward to now. Here I sit, in my 2012, 32 foot, 3 slide new MAN_CAVE travel trailer, in a beautiful Bastrop Texas KOA campground, working, making money, and somehow, in the past month of money deposits in my renamed "Special Account", I have Procured....yeah, that's the ticket, "Procured" enough funds to buy two AR-15's and more importantly, within the past week and a half, the gods have managed to arrange my paychecks so that I could pay money to a certain metal detector superstore (rhymes with bellyhole...sorta), without getting caught, a sum of money which should put me within one or two hundred dollars of the cost of a CTX3030 PLUS a 17 inch coil.

And the BEST PART! She can't unhinge her lower jaw far enough to swaller me whole 200 miles away! Of course, if she reads this, or someone here spills the beans, my Man-Cave barn back home may become a pink painted sissy house. I'm just sayin.......so said superstore should be sending my brand new MAN-TOY to my portable MAN-CAVE, so that we may bond, and become ONE lean mean metal detecting team.

So, SHHHHHH !!! don't tell my wife!!
That was funny!

Traded in my backup Whites M6 for the XP Deus and my wife did not even notice. Not sure what I'm going to do to make sure that she does not notice that a 3rd machine in now leaning up against the wall. Guess I'll have to hide one of them. Not sure why I would need to do that, as she has spent more money on her hair, nails (hands and feet), and beauty products that I will spend in a life time on medal detectors.

i worked out how to hide stuff from her, i sent her of with another fella poor man :biggrin:

BP

n/t

Here is what I found after 3o years.
Never been right.
Always be wrong.
no parole granted after 20 yrs.
You will get the same gift every time it will just be wrapped in a different package.

woodchiphustler said:
Here is what I found after 3o years.
Never been right.
Always be wrong.
no parole granted after 20 yrs.
You will get the same gift every time it will just be wrapped in a different package.

Guess thats why i sent her off with the other fella so he could always be wrong :rofl:

BP

I won't repeat what my other half had to say when I showed here this machine. She had one question ,HOW MUCH DOES IT COST? When I told her what price range I thought it would be in, that's when the part I won't repeat came in. Rick IL.