Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So the CTX

Blank Planet

just skimmed through brochure the 2 things that stood out for me were faster processor and better target separation, all the rest of the do dads are great but not really a selling point for me, how does recovery speed compare to the etrac and is the target separation much better? glad to hear about this :biggrin:

BP

Recovery speed was improved with the faster processor. Target separation is much better, due to being able to "view" multiple targets under the coil, simultaneously. Target Trace and Target Trace Pinpoint are extremely valuable tools in target identification and separation. HH Randy

ok stop it now got me half way to wanting one :ranting::rage::rant: :rofl:

BP

I think once user's start posting vids and finds in areas deemed searched out and unsearchable by other detectors, the opinion on the tech of the detector will change...

any idea on a % speed difference to the etrac ? 10% 20 % you know what i mean? its sounding good but will it find enough coins in hunted out parks to be a viable purchase this is the question i need to ask myself.

BP

I think once user's start posting vids and finds in areas deemed searched out and unsearchable by other detectors, the opinion on the tech of the detector will change...

I would venture a guess that you just described 90% of us. Features are interesting but the real meat is in the ability, or not, to pull those missed goodies out of our favorite hard hit sites.

Has target separation ever been an issue on slow older Minelbs? No, not as long as you keep your sweep speed slow and are using a good coil with a sharp detection field. Recovery speed is over rated in my opinion. Sure, it allows you to swing faster but really has no advantage other than that as long as you control the speed of your sweep on a lower machine. I've used fast machines and I've used slow ones. The slow ones seem to lock onto, notice, and sound off to deep targets better because a fast recovery machine is constantly trying to reset it's response when trying to hover over and get a target to speak "COIN" to me. It's like the difference between trying to read a sign while going 100mph versus 30mph. Much easier to soak up the detail and get a good impression of what that "sign" is about at slower speeds.