Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So what target has eluded your pouch after many yrs in the hobby...dont include gold pieces or morgan and peace dollars..

Gold coin. I did hit on one at an old girl's college years ago, and when I dug the plug, the signal disappeared, so I walked away, foolishly. A good friend of mine dug it later on one Sunday morning. It was a pristine 5$ gold coin. . My fault for walking away, but I was glad he found it. That was his only coin find that morning.

Well pretty much everything you guys have identified I havent found yet, last week was my first IH. Have the Barber 10 and 50 centers but no quarter yet. No Standing or Seated yet, No silver dollar (Canadian doesn’t count) or gold. If I keep swinging the coil one of those coins has to jump out someday.

After 8 yrs, there's lots of stuff I'm still hunting for...to name a few:
10k class ring
any 'seated' coin
gun
Spanish reale
SLQ
and the list goes on....

Gold coin. Never have found a gold coin outside of a seeded hunt. I’m gonna keep looking until I get to eternally stare at the inside of a pine box.

Only coin I really want to find is a trime got seated silver dollars gold coin Spanish 1700’s silver coppers lol
Mark

Haven't found anything older than barbers and Indians. But a couple things I'd like to find would be a sterling pocket watch and a sterling spoon.

a Trime, other than that anything 1700's... well over 20 years in and I sit at 1814 as my oldest.

Gold coins aside per instruction from the OP....a 20 cent piece would be difficult due to rarity. A coin I HAVE found which is VERY hard to find is a 3 cent nickel. Almost nobody would be coin hunting in that range, which is even lower than a regular nickel. HOW I found it might be handy for the next guy to know, as that’s how a gold coin might also be found. I dug a signal with my IDXPro that came in at zinc. The 3CN was in with a modern quarter. I feel the best chance I have at a gold coin will be a similar situation, given the public sites and fairgrounds that I tend to gravitate toward.
The coin I have NOT found which I thought I would’ve found by now is indeed a TRIME. Being that I live in southern Wisconsin and we just don’t have much history here earlier than the 1840’s, it’s not easy to ”go old”. In fact, my oldest coin is an 1844 LC. That’s TOUGH to do! My number one bucket lister is a Seated half, followed by a trime and Capped anything.

Trime has been on my list for quite a while, managed to dig on this spring. Best part I was hunting with a buddy and comparing signals and this one was rather crappy sounding at best. his only comment was as he walked away was "I don't know about that one". One shovel full and 2 nails later I found it with my probe, my only comment was" I love this hobby" It only took 50 years LOL
I guess I'm down to the 20 center now, not sure if I have another 50 I me LOL

Still looking for my firs seated coin of any kind.