Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So what was the point of the count down clock

Les in the UK

if you now have to hold on to the 11 May, and no actual field testers can report on the abilities of this new detector.
I think Minelab are taking the mickey out of the people that feed them.
Do you think we should email minelab and say, as you have kept us waiting so long and you have not released any information on the new detector we have ordered a Deus.

Well what if they had said nothing at all and just put everything on the website on May 11th, are you any better off? At least it gives you time to look at what they did present and formulate questions...not neccesarily opinions...about the detector. I am old enough to remember when car dealerships used to get in a few of the new model year cars, put them on the showroom floor and covered them with a cloth and would not be allowed to show them until a certain date. No big deal to wait a bit.

n/t

I have no doubt that there will be an initial rush of orders for this machine because there are certain people with enough disposable income who just have to try every new machine on the market no matter the price. When those dry up what I wonder about is if after that it will continue to have strong sales, or if the price, weight, and some dubious (to some people) features such as GPS will really hurt it's sales potential. If in fact it turns out that guys with another Minelab and the right coil are able to match it's depth and unmasking ability (if indeed those have been improved on it) then that will really hurt the sales. Why buy a heavier Etrac, unless you plan to water hunt...But then there is the Xcal for half the price to do that. You could just about buy an Xcal and an SE, Etrac, or GT for the same price...Or at least one of those machines used and the other new.

I feel it could go either way and there will probably be no in between. Either it's going to sell very well or it's going to be an Edsel. Regardless, there is no doubt about it...With the price, weight, and extravagant features Minelab is for sure playing a high risk game. When you push those sorts of things to the extreme it's easy to cross that line and go from the "Wow!" factor to the "Are you kidding me?!" response. For that kind of price it's going to have to have some incredible ability over the current machines that can't be addressed with a good aftermarket coil on the current machine they own. A lot of people had to scrape and save to buy what they got now. Add another $500 to the price tag for this machine and it's just plain out of the reach of most people, and it'll really have to show them something other than just being waterproof to justify the kind of financial sacrifice to go out and buy one.

Not arguing that it can't be a huge success. It very well could be. I'm just pointing how that there is no doubt that this is high stakes in terms of a gamble for Minelab. Somewhere there is a line that gets crossed where the price, weight, or features of a machine is just too much. Look at these electric cars. Most of them don't sell very well at all. Just too much money to spend, and as a result what ever gas savings you make won't make up for the extra cost of the car for years down the road. Some may look at a new detector with a super high price tag in the same light. On the other hand, it could be the next hottest thing since sliced bread. Besides hearing about the performance of this machine, I'll also be real interested to hear how it's been selling say 2 or 3 months down the road when the initial rush of people who just have to have anything new dwindles.

The Trac was my first Minelab and I love it...... I want this detector too...

Word of mouth on what the detector can do or what it will do will sell the detector and talking to the guys who have field tested the detector will create a lot more interest in the detector than what a few pictures and all the make believe hype and what people want the detector to do hype will ever do.
I look forward to seeing what Minelab do next to try to keep people interested and talking about this detector, that is if it is a detector as it could be a new probe for all we know.
Happy hunting and keep dreaming of the capabilities of this new probe. Les