Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So who is buying all these detectors ?

I wanna know about that pinpointer.
Can't find anything on it.
It does sound interesting. There is a video on Youtube on it. Can't help, just got kicked off Youtube for using an Ad Blocker. Bye Youtube. I had a life before Youtube and I'm sure I'll survive. Check it out if you can. I have been a fan of the Carrot for a long time but this one deserves a look. Mark

It does sound interesting. There is a video on Youtube on it. Can't help, just got kicked off Youtube for using an Ad Blocker. Bye Youtube. I had a life before Youtube and I'm sure I'll survive. Check it out if you can. I have been a fan of the Carrot for a long time but this one deserves a look. Mark
Yup lovin my carrots.
Sorry about yotub.

It can be quite confusing. If you count all the different companies that make detectors, than count all their different models, well that's a load to go through. The parks, schools I hunt rarely see anyone else out there. I'm thinking the cashless era has really hurt the replenishing of these sites. I just came back from a busy beach on the east coast. Not only not was it not busy, couple mornings I was the only hunter in sight. Fines were about normal because , few other hunters around. Why, because everything bought is by credit card or by swipe ing your phone. I do hear the guys hunting the southern beaches are still having some fun though. I have no idea how the relic and gold hunting is going. These guys tend to keep quiet and I don't blame them. So this is only what I see going on in my area. Hope it's not as bad everywhere else.
Having only gotten into the hobby in 2006, I missed the heyday when you could find silver coins by the handful, and although I will admit that people
are not carrying and losing as many coins now as they were even a few years ago, I am still doing quite well in my area from mostly public sites.
It seems like everyone stopped detecting around here after the silver coin finds dropped off and this allowed alot of clad to accumulate.
Not long after I started and got familiar with my detector, I was simply amazed at the amount of quarters I found.
It was not unusual to find 30, 40, or even 50 in a few hours.
I am still finding good amounts of them too, although they are not replenishing at some sites.
As far as silver coins, in 2020 I found more silver coins than I ever have, but I was able to detect more around schools that were closed due the the pandemic that year.
I still see others posting great finds too, so it is not bad everywhere.
What we are finding now are the silver coins missed by many others and that gives me some satisfaction and it is challenging too.
What I do find amazing is that it is hard to believe some of these silver coins were not found years ago by the signal they gave.
I have like most bought several detectors since I got into the hobby, but have not bought one since 2019 and am still using it and finding plenty with it still.
Below are my clad finds from last year.. probably my best year ever.... it's still out there!
IMG_0453.JPG

Having only gotten into the hobby in 2006, I missed the heyday when you could find silver coins by the handful, and although I will admit that people
are not carrying and losing as many coins now as they were even a few years ago, I am still doing quite well in my area from mostly public sites.
It seems like everyone stopped detecting around here after the silver coin finds dropped off and this allowed alot of clad to accumulate.
Not long after I started and got familiar with my detector, I was simply amazed at the amount of quarters I found.
It was not unusual to find 30, 40, or even 50 in a few hours.
I am still finding good amounts of them too, although they are not replenishing at some sites.
As far as silver coins, in 2020 I found more silver coins than I ever have, but I was able to detect more around schools that were closed due the the pandemic that year.
I still see others posting great finds too, so it is not bad everywhere.
What we are finding now are the silver coins missed by many others and that gives me some satisfaction and it is challenging too.
What I do find amazing is that it is hard to believe some of these silver coins were not found years ago by the signal they gave.
I have like most bought several detectors since I got into the hobby, but have not bought one since 2019 and am still using it and finding plenty with it still.
Below are my clad finds from last year.. probably my best year ever.... it's still out there!
View attachment 46269
Awesome.
What machines are you running ?

Awesome.
What machines are you running ?
He tells you it’s the Equinox 800 but he found all those coins with this bad boy!
When he sees that smiley face light up, he knows it’s time to dig 😂😂

IMG_2632.jpeg

IMG_2633.jpeg

it's still out there!
I'm with fwcrawford, there are still goodies to be found. When I retired in 2006 I set a goal of recovering 100 silver coins annually and have missed that goal twice, since.
I adhere to three important pieces of advice given to me thirty or so years ago.

One, get to know your detector like the back of your hand! That, of course, takes hours, lots of them. Some amount of hours here and there over time and then acquiring a different detector won't get it.

Two, keep a strong awareness for fresh opportunities. Three old golf courses, one right after the other, came under renovation in my area and as a result of hearing about and hunting them (always being careful of staying away from the equipment workers) I recovered almost 300 silver coins from them. 250 mainly from two as the 3rd was a newer course that was built in the late 60's. Oh, and I had very little completion??????

Third, hunt slow! There are still old coins to be found on "hunted out" spots but to eek them out one must hunt at a snails pace just inching ones way along. Keep in mind, a 9" deep dime on edge is a mighty small target. HH jim tn

I'm with fwcrawford, there are still goodies to be found. When I retired in 2006 I set a goal of recovering 100 silver coins annually and have missed that goal twice, since.
I adhere to three important pieces of advice given to me thirty or so years ago.

One, get to know your detector like the back of your hand! That, of course, takes hours, lots of them. Some amount of hours here and there over time and then acquiring a different detector won't get it.

Two, keep a strong awareness for fresh opportunities. Three old golf courses, one right after the other, came under renovation in my area and as a result of hearing about and hunting them (always being careful of staying away from the equipment workers) I recovered almost 300 silver coins from them. 250 mainly from two as the 3rd was a newer course that was built in the late 60's. Oh, and I had very little completion??????

Third, hunt slow! There are still old coins to be found on "hunted out" spots but to eek them out one must hunt at a snails pace just inching ones way along. Keep in mind, a 9" deep dime on edge is a mighty small target. HH jim tn
Excellent advice Jim!

Very good advice!!

Down to my Manti and an old Whites Pulse Scan PI. I would like an improved Fisher AQ Impulse though.At $1999,:nopity: just a bit too much.

I'm sitting at 5 detectors now, 2 FBS units, a pristine DFX I use to find jewelry, bought me a Patriot because they are practically giving them away and I got one of those new fangled Xterra Pro's that I am finding out is a very good detector, makes me feel like I am swinging a Nox again. Here in the eastern states we have a lot of history still in the ground, more than once I have thought about how lucky I am to live in PA.

In the past with old detectors I dug 1000's of pull tabs. Once did a park and found a whole pencil sharpener like in a school room.. Then right next to it was 1935 nickel. So now I dig every signal

Tell you what, I just got a Dr. Otex MT6 Pro Pinpointer. This deal is worth the price at $40. Water proof to 10 feet. I used it
in a creek yesterday & worked find with the vibration feature. Seems well made, time will tell.

🪰Fly
Love to read your follow up on that pinpointer.
Looking for a gift.

It just seems when ever there is a touch of new technology, like multi frequency, better target response options, a touch more depth, and the like, some of these old worn out sites still harbor and give up a few more oldies. It still boils down, though, to knowing your detector and hunting at a snails pace.....imho. HH jim tn