Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So who is buying all these detectors ?

Dancer

It can be quite confusing. If you count all the different companies that make detectors, than count all their different models, well that's a load to go through. The parks, schools I hunt rarely see anyone else out there. I'm thinking the cashless era has really hurt the replenishing of these sites. I just came back from a busy beach on the east coast. Not only not was it not busy, couple mornings I was the only hunter in sight. Fines were about normal because , few other hunters around. Why, because everything bought is by credit card or by swipe ing your phone. I do hear the guys hunting the southern beaches are still having some fun though. I have no idea how the relic and gold hunting is going. These guys tend to keep quiet and I don't blame them. So this is only what I see going on in my area. Hope it's not as bad everywhere else.

I’m thinking the exact same thing, cashless. Went to a park recently after the festival where there were all sorts of vendors booths. Not much to be found. What little found was deep enough in the turf/soil that it had been dropped in some previous year. Rides take “tickets” or bracelets now so no coins to lose at those. No hunt able beaches near me so no comment on that.

I and others I know have seen the same thing…even after festivals, fairs and other events inland there’s really no clad to be found. Personally, I am very OK with that because it’s not what I hunt, I’m looking for OLD coins. However…it’s not great for the people just starting out and need those targets to get acquainted with their machine, or someone who IS a clad hunter. It’s part of these changing times that will ultimately weed some people out of the hobby if there’s nothing relatively easy to find. In the 12 years I’ve been hunting I’ve seen it go from “clad everywhere” to “no clad anywhere”.

Things are defiantly changing... I've been wondering if these big pushes of great new detectors at a fabulous price... Aren't the corporations running things efforts to erase short term history... It wasn't that long ago that pagers and flip phones were a new thing... In less than Two generations... kids don't recognize a phone booth... It's some strange Ancient Antique from a lost age... We are headed towards a cashless society... kicking and screaming yess... But going none the less... The children of our grandchildren won't know what a penny was... And we helped clean it all up... nice and neat...

That makes it very difficult to sell older detectors. Or even older coils. We all should have seen this coming and parted with a few older machines or olde coils. My kids and wife don’t want them, grandkids neither (but grandkids will play a bit if I take them to a beach). Grandkids are hard to keep up with on a beach. I want to detect and after them minutes they are all over the place.

3 or 4 years ago you could still find enough clad to pay for gas , now you can buy gas buy the pint with the daily finds. It's really simply , no recharging the areas so even the deeper masked coins start to get dug. Zinc coins have become the pull tabs of today since most decent detectorists can tell it's a zinc and are leaving them behind. There are very few sites with the potential for antiquity here so dirt hunting for jewelry has become the last resort. Just like the disappearance of even clad , those days with 3 or 4 silver rings and an occasional gold have become rare. I believe people have largely stopped wearing jewelry and have opted for tattoos. I'm down to one detector and if it breaks beyond warrantable reason , I'm done.

3 or 4 years ago you could still find enough clad to pay for gas , now you can buy gas buy the pint with the daily finds. It's really simply , no recharging the areas so even the deeper masked coins start to get dug. Zinc coins have become the pull tabs of today since most decent detectorists can tell it's a zinc and are leaving them behind. There are very few sites with the potential for antiquity here so dirt hunting for jewelry has become the last resort. Just like the disappearance of even clad , those days with 3 or 4 silver rings and an occasional gold have become rare. I believe people have largely stopped wearing jewelry and have opted for tattoos. I'm down to one detector and if it breaks beyond warrantable reason , I'm done.
I agree, there is less clad out there these days. The pandemic had a big impact but your right kids don’t carry coins around. I hit a beach that is popular and only lasted 1 1/2 hours because of the humidity and the 48 cents in coins - no jewelry either

I also have 4, and there will be no more. Before the pandemic I would hunt at least 3 days a week, now I am down to perhaps 1 day, I only go to town if I need something and will take a detector.
Finding coins is getting much like finding gold nuggets, getting harder and harder.

I hear the next one is a game changer.:rofl::rage::jump::hot::stars:

But but I just bought a game changer . sube
This next one IS the game changer 🤭

tmp.gif

Last edited:
I wanna know about that pinpointer.
Can't find anything on it.
That haven’t released it yet to the general public. Patients grasshopper 😂

Is that supposed to be a new multi tone pulse ?
I couldn't quite make out what was said.
Got that selective hearing.
It’s 1 tone or 2 tone with iron-off feature
It also has discrimination, freq shift, high / low volume, backlight setting, Bluetooth, LCD screen, waterproof to 3 meters, ferrous / non-ferrous capability with USB type C charge port. It’s basically a mini- detector.