Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

So would this be worth 2 1/2 cents? And a few other finds from 9-23-11

2000nkb

I found this Seated 1/2 dime down about 7", I pulled it out of the ground, turned it over and the reverse was blank. Doesn't appear that it was ever struck. How often do you see this on older coins? You guys and gals can have a closer look at the next meeting, but here's the pictures of the 1858 Seated 1/2 with blank reverse and a few wheaties that I found yesterday, same park I've been hunting the last few times I've been out.

It could be a mint error but it was fairly common practice back then to make love tokens out of coins. Yours looks like the coin was lost before he had a chance to engrave something on it. Here are a few more:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/items/antique%20love%20tokens?_dmd=2&_sop=12&rvr_id=267917113533&clk_rvr_id=267917113533&MT_ID=69&crlp=5639233085_9403&tt_encode=raw&geo_id=1&keyword=antique+love+tokens&adgroup_id=1190530625

That is a really nice find and often the love tokens are worth more to collectors than the coin........ :thumbup:

What great finds! :surprised: She's a beauty even without the back. It makes it more unique and was more than likely to be some-one's love token that was never finished. Can't wait to see her in person. Nice finds! HH, Nancy

It could be a brokage coin. I will bring my scale to the meeting to weigh it and explain the findings.