Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Soccer Field Yields Gold And Silver

plidn1

I have been working a small tot lot off and on for a while in a small park that has a soccer field in it.
Every time I am out there I keep telling myself I need to hunt that field.
Thursday I got up early as usual, and that soccer field was calling to me. As I walked out the door I said I was going to find some gold. My answer was a "RIGHT".
I took my MXT with the 5.3 coil. I started working the closest corner of the field and it was loaded with heavy deep iron. In fact I was hitting targets that went beyond my 12" depth gauge.
I had found a few deep coins (6" to 7"range) and none of my VDI numbers were close to the actual targets. Nothing would lock, jumping around like crazy. Very strange ground. I hit what read as a nickel target and it turned out to be a sterling cross.
I'm now into the hunt about 15 minuets and I hit an iffy signal that jumped all over the place. This was in front of the goal post and read 6" deep. After the nickel encounter, I decided to dig it.
At 7" in the bottom of the hole I could see the gold. I brought out an 8" long, 14K, 10.5 gram link bracelet.
I spent the rest of the hunt digging a lot of trash.

lets see--10.5 grams of 14 kt @ $26 gram=== yep i would dig trash the rest of day and be happy! great find! wonder how it got that deep?

The ground is very porous and everything was DEEEEP. I found nothing under 4" most everything was 6" +.
Very hard to work when you seldom dig anything over 6".

plidn1 said:
The ground is very porous and everything was DEEEEP. I found nothing under 4" most everything was 6" +.
Very hard to work when you seldom dig anything over 6".
Wow, thats a great find! And pushing an over $270 payday! Lately I have been out detecting and the deep signals were just unreachable due to the ground being so dry and hard. Plus I was in a park and using more than a discrete garden shovel is unethical. So digging deep targets quickly caused blisters. My palms havn't been so blistered since I first hit puberty.

The sterling silver target proves that you cannot always tell what is trash until you dig it. Although, you probably dug it thinking it was a nickel but it could have showed up ANYWHERE from nickel +18 clear upto silver over +75. Harsh ground, mineralization, trash, nulling and masking will gave any setup a curve ball.

I pushed myself to 8" but I won't go over that in a park. I passed on a lot of targets.
I use a Hori Hori with a 6" blade. That keeps me pretty much around the 6 to 7" depth max. I am very happy there as usually most good targets in most places are 3 to 5" deep.
This park must have been put in over an old farm or homestead. The stuff I was digging just wasn't stuff you normally find in a park. If the grass wasn't so nice, It would be fun to dig some of those deeper targets to see what's there. I may research it and try to find out what was there before the park.

What a beautiful find. Congrats on the silver and gold. I bet that was some guys since it's a figaro link chain. Does it fit? :) HH, Nancy

Soccer fields are the hidden secret of finding jewelry and rings. Rich kids play soccer ! Ha. Good find. CCH

Nice find......I find more lost jewelry on soccer fields, than I do on my southern Ca, beach's'

our local soccer fields are on red clay. nothing sinks. during dry spells its hard as the terra cotta pipe thats made from it. i did hit a soccer field thats just a piece of land that the local hispanic population uses for their own little soccer leagues. i thought mmmm Mexican coins and jewelry. i got corona and bud lite caps by the hundreds on the ground lol! and red clay.. adios to that field!!!! lolololol!

Great finds. Yes, soccer fields have been my greatest secret place of late as I have found 10 rings in the past 2 1/2 months. 4 gold and 2 silver. I have also had problems getting strange numbers come up on my detector. Last week I found 3 small gold in 2 adjacent holes. The first target gave me a 78-80 kind of jumpy signal. It ended up being a gold rope shain made into a ring. After covering the hole I scanned it again only to have another target next to it, but the numbers wouldn't stay consistant. After digging that I got a 14k promise ring, then filled in the hole again. I scanned the hole again and got a 23 signal and dug that hole back up, out popped up a 14k ring the size of a toe ring. After finding these, I called a friend over to show him. He wanted to see how they read on his detector, one read 10, another read 10-12, and the third read 10-14. The 3 rings together only weighed 4 grams so they were all very small. One thing I have not been able to find are bracelets and chains. Maybe I need to dig more iffy targets for those.

I have never found 3 gold in one hole, but I have found 3 silvers in one hole.
Gold is strange. I have had them hit hard and solid, and I have had some hit really wishy washy.
They have hit soft and they are always disguised.
There seams to be no rhyme nor reason to the way it hits. Every one has been an absolute surprised.
I have learned that the ground can really affect how it will ID and if anything is close to it, it will ID really all over the place.
And yet, you get them out of the ground and they ID perfect.
But that's OK as long as they keep comming.