Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Software Update Question Again

5900_XL-1

I can't remember if this question was asked already. Does it matter whether the coil installed during updating is the factory 11", or with the 6" coil? I seem to remember that the 6" coil came after the update was created. Logically it doesn't make a difference, but the issues some have had with pinpoint accuracy could have been adjusted in code due to the 11" coil width.

Surely, an update isn't needed for perfect operation on each coil. So far, I am still going back to V1.5. I went through several updates today and V1.75 just seems too jumpy in VDI on my 6" quarters in the coin garden. I like seeing mostly 29-30-31. V1,75 bounces to 33-34-35 too much.

I’m running the update and use stock and 6” coils. I had the stocker on when I did the update but I don’t think it matters. And I haven’t seen a clad quarter go that that high. Well over a 100 found since update. HH.

Make no difference which coil you have installed at the time of update.

That’s a bit high for sure on that quarter especially since you mentioned it was buried. With minerals it shouldn’t increase. Did you factory reset?

dewcon4414 said:
That’s a bit high for sure on that quarter especially since you mentioned it was buried. With minerals it shouldn’t increase. Did you factory reset?

I need to say though, it does see 30 VDI during those tests, but with the bouncy higher numbers toward 35. Version 1.5 is well controlled around 29-30. All of my other machines show a steady quarter VDI reading in the well established coin garden.

I've done several, repeated factory resets during and after the update. I have studied this for months. It keeps coming back to the same issue.

No I haven't. An odd thing though. After the last revert back to V1.5 I did, I found that my Franklin on edge reads well, plus the VDI readings are really close to 29-30 a lot more frequently. I ain't gonna touch it again unless it HAS to be reset for some reason. Strange software IMO.

I'd say that whatever works for you...for whatever reason...must be the right answer. :thumbup:

Good luck, and have fun,
:)
mike

5900_XL-1 said:
No I haven't. An odd thing though. After the last revert back to V1.5 I did, I found that my Franklin on edge reads well, plus the VDI readings are really close to 29-30 a lot more frequently. I ain't gonna touch it again unless it HAS to be reset for some reason. Strange software IMO.

Do you have silver in your garden? Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the update was to improve silver detection.