Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Software Updates

wayne_etc

Just wondering about this. As more Equinoxes are delivered and more feedback is received by Minelab, do you think a software update will be released sooner or later?

w

I think Minelab will be in no rush to issue any software
updates to the equinox, even if there is a consensus
among users that one is warranted. So it could be a
year or more, maybe much more, in my opinion.
The unlikely exception would be to fix a significant bug
that somehow got unnoticed by the testers and only
Showed up after the detector has been used by enough
users in enough conditions for it to appear.

relicmeister said:
I think Minelab will fix a significant bug
that somehow got unnoticed by the testers and only
Showed up after the detector has been used by enough
users in enough conditions for it to appear.

+1
Agree.
It's inevitable a bug will be found after release?
Minor or major, it doesn't matter...
An Update should be easily done via a USB connection to the detector, right???
It'll be a Test of that Software to see if any 'bugs' exist in that process!
Interesting times.

Regarding updates, if the Equinox is anything like the CTX 3030 which came out in 2012, there were two updates soon after it came out (Saltwater Mode & Pinpoint Lock). Since then, there were no updates that upgraded the functioning of the machine.

IMHO not unless a major bug.
If its for "improved preformance" it will throw what you learned out the window
odds are.
It IS reassuring to have it if needed though.......

Tom
LFOD !

I forsee an update..... if not I certainly wouldnt want tne first batch.

I've bought into a few first model year items - cars, tools, detectors, electronics...etc.
Very often they have been less than perfected items. Some have had mods or fixes, others I just have lived with the item knowing
the next years model is in the design/testing stage with new technology features. It has become the way of life span of many products.
Even the manufacturers are know to build in early obsolescent to their products. How many cell phones have been given up for a newer
model while their older unit is still functioning as it did when first purchased? Take a look at your computer / laptop, 8 track / cassette / CD
devices.
I have to believe that more functional devices are discarded just because we wanted the newer and more features. Heck my first cell phone
was over 8 years old when the cell companies stopped using signal algorithm my phone had. The phone was still a functional unit that the industry
ceased to support. My replacement phone is now 5 years old and if I had your phone number I could still call you today. The phone will text, take
photos and act as a GPS yet I have very infrequently used the apps. My Microsoft Office is the 2003 version, still suites me fine.
And my Atari 800 is still running my favorite games and data base form the 1980's.
Bottom line...Don't worry about tomorrow: buy now, play now, don't wait for something better to come along - you will miss out on many enjoyable experiences.

The XChange2 app needs to be re-written to accommodate the programs in the Equinox and its new technology. I don't think that will happen very soon.