Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some CA Relics, Coins and a few gold nuggets too!

Ron (CA)

A few clips taken from our last few hunts and rolled into one video. A few nice finds pop out!

Got the nice seated dime on one of the hunts. Video proof that these type of coins do pop out from time to time. :)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_IIYS6B1-M[/video]

Very nice finds and great video. :clapping: I like those screen protectors. How does that rig work and what did you use?

Why to go guys you need some of these snow I have to cool you off. Jealous in the Midwest.

Red Plexiglas cut to size and some sticky back Velcro strips-- instant night vision protector!! Oh yeah and a rubber band so it does bound around!!

Not very high tech but does the job!!

AngelicStorm said:
Very nice finds and great video. :clapping: I like those screen protectors. How does that rig work and what did you use?

Could probably even use a tail light repair tape to get started.

I'll have to give it a try. How would you go about keeping the dirt from going in between the space of the Plexiglas or the tail light repair tape? I like to hunt at night myself.

I have a screen protector on the actual screen. ( Cut down a iPhone anti-glare screen guard) I only use the red to protect my night vision. Not so much as a screen protector.

I used to hunt nights and loved it.

Great stuff

and not the reason that many think.

1. I'm a Vampire!
2. I have a real job
3. Video of my sites in the daylight = people showing up at my sites
4. Sites are visible and many people driving by and it only takes one person with a metal detector to see us and then they are hunting our sites.

OK so not all of the above are true-- I don't have a job!! :pinnochio

great finds! Thanks for showing us.
Ron what are the two red dots on your screen? My guess would be Gold & silver sweet spots?

Another way to cut down on the bright light from the CTX. If you are using any type of control box cover you can just get a sheet of colored transparent vinyl cut it down to screen size and slide it in. You may have to secure it with a piece of tape, but it works.

Ron (CA) said:
and not the reason that many think.

1. I'm a Vampire!
2. I have a real job
3. Video of my sites in the daylight = people showing up at my sites
4. Sites are visible and many people driving by and it only takes one person with a metal detector to see us and then they are hunting our sites.

OK so not all of the above are true-- I don't have a job!! :pinnochio

1. I'm not a vampire, but I sure do end up staying up at night.
2. I do too but can I call it a job? This is confusing..... :wacko:
3. Same reason why I love hunting at night plus more grumpy people that are anti-detecting enthusiasts during the day.
4. Same reason then the enthusiasts again.