Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some finds from my recent trip back home to western PA

sgoss66

Hi all!

I managed to carve out some time to do some digging, while back home in PA the past week. I hit several sites, with a good hunting buddy, including an 1870s farmhouse, an early to mid 1800s foundation, an 1885 house/yard, and a cellar hole of unknown (19th century) age. All hunts were with the Equinox (my backup/600), in Park 1 mode, 50 tones.

The large cent looks much better in person, than the pic shows -- with full liberty in the head band (181:geek:. The pink Indian in the first pic is a fattie (1863). Several other Indians and wheats, some cool flat buttons, and my first two bells (the crotal bell in the first pic shows two dates on it -- APR XX 78 and MAY XX 78 -- not sure if those are patent dates or what). The Franklin was a surprise, as was the lack of older silver. Overall, I'm thrilled with the variety of the finds from these hunts, and can't wait until my longer, summer trip back home, coming up in about 2 months.

Thanks all!

Steve

[attachment 366490 4-27-19Finds-croprot-fm.JPG]

[attachment 366491 4-29-19Finds-croprot-fm.JPG]

Looks like some great finds! Congrats!

Thanks, gents! It was a lot of fun; I haven't had much opportunity to hit the old foundations/cellar holes, living here in Oklahoma; they are so plentiful back in the northeast. It's really interesting to hunt these types of spots; there is some neat history you can uncover, through the finds you make. While I am a coin hunter first and foremost, digging crotal bells, flat buttons, etc. was a lot of fun!

Steve

Steve,

Nice digs as usual. Love the span of time for the coins and relics and you know how much I love big silver!!! We need to get together sometime in the next 4 weeks. :clapping: Where has the time gone?

Joe

Thanks, all!

It was a lot of fun, hitting a bunch of old sites. The flat buttons were really plentiful at the one foundation site. The five in the top pic, the six my buddy found -- plus the fattie Indian and large cent, all came from that one site. The cool thing is, we didn't even cover 1/20th of the site; the weeds and especially the stubble were high, and so it was a case of little room to swing, awful coil control, and NEVER "scrubbing the ground." But even with all the hindrances, that site really produced. We're hoping to either brush-hog it, or plow it, for the next time...

Joe, yep! We DO need to hook up soon. You are a short-timer, about to be a permanent beach resident! ;)

Steve

Super finds nothing like big silver love it! nice relics to .
Mark