Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some finds from the Rio Grande Valley Oct. 2022

407floyd

Had to work in South Texas back in October for a week. Hunted in the evenings. Every time I go to South Texas, the relics come out of the ground completely destroyed. Something very corrosive in the soil. Found a few old Mexican coins that were toasty. 1906 1 Centavo and a large cent from the 1800s. Couldn't make out the date. Found a printer's block advertisement for men's shoes. The 925 silver ring came out of the ground fairly clean. Usually the silver coins are encrusted with minerals. Poor little lead person lost his head. I always find lots of cartridges and bullets when I'm down there. My favorite thing is the 24K gold, rose cut diamond, Tiffany reindeer. It's marked on the hoof. My jeweler says it's from around 1900 and has real rose cut diamonds! I'm over the moon! Hey Odanscoils, I'll let have first dibs on it for a mere $5000. Don't insult me by researching it, just trust me.

Attachments

• IMG_0839.jpeg
    IMG_0839.jpeg
    611.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0843.jpeg
    IMG_0843.jpeg
    515.3 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0840.jpeg
    IMG_0840.jpeg
    662.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0849.jpeg
    IMG_0849.jpeg
    277.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0841.jpeg
    IMG_0841.jpeg
    669.9 KB · Views: 133
What's to say about the reindeer, I trust ya! Silver ring looks pretty nice, too. Oh, that reindeer with Tiffany on it looks pretty good as well. LOL HH jim tn

Nice finds!!! That reindeer is soooo cool. hhrickinmi

Some nice finds that have some good age on them. I like the spark plugs.

Great finds! Just curious...upper or lower Rio Grande valley? Have relatives near McAllen.

Very eclectic run there……. Nice display

Had to work in South Texas back in October for a week. Hunted in the evenings. Every time I go to South Texas, the relics come out of the ground completely destroyed. Something very corrosive in the soil. Found a few old Mexican coins that were toasty. 1906 1 Centavo and a large cent from the 1800s. Couldn't make out the date. Found a printer's block advertisement for men's shoes. The 925 silver ring came out of the ground fairly clean. Usually the silver coins are encrusted with minerals. Poor little lead person lost his head. I always find lots of cartridges and bullets when I'm down there. My favorite thing is the 24K gold, rose cut diamond, Tiffany reindeer. It's marked on the hoof. My jeweler says it's from around 1900 and has real rose cut diamonds! I'm over the moon! Hey Odanscoils, I'll let have first dibs on it for a mere $5000. Don't insult me by researching it, just trust me.
WoW
Some really nice finds.
Congratulations

I'd never insult you.
Actually I'm Quite Impressed by your finds.
Sad others don't believe. I do.
I'm retired finally.
I hope to be down that way in the next couple yrs.
Looking for gold Nuggets with a friend or three.
Maybe you can take me to your great locations. 😊

I’m always impressed with your array of finds! Congrats on the Tiffany Reindeer !!

This was an experiment to see who’s paying attention, and who is gullible. If you’re gullible on social media, you may find yourself going down a dangerous rabbit hole. Everything on my post was true, except for the reindeer. The picture is all the evidence you need to be skeptical. An out-of-focus picture would have been too obvious, so the pic is clear. Does it look like 24K gold? Would “Tiffany & Co. 24K and a serial number” fit on a tiny hoof? If those are rose cut diamonds, why would they be set in brass? What jeweler would think this was anything more than costume jewelry? I even plagiarized the description from another post claiming the same nonsense. If you believe in God, use your God-given brain. If you don’t, just use your brain. Why didn’t somebody call me out? Why would you allow me to spout obvious falsehoods without at least asking a few questions? Would you buy a Rolex from a shady dude in a white van? No, because you’ve learned from common knowledge, others’ experiences and possibly your own. Ronald Reagan once said “Trust, but verify” when it came to Russian nuclear weapons. This is true in modern life and social media. In that universe, 17 year old girls are actually 53 year old men. Your 25 year old son believed a post on social media, stormed the US Capitol, and ended up in prison. Your daughter falls in love with someone she met on social media, meets up and becomes a hostage. Don’t have blind faith in me or anyone else on social media. Ask questions and call them out. Otherwise you, or even we, play into their hands.