Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some folks selling the Equinox 800 and some planning to buy.

Monte

And I am not a salesman but plan to be a shopper. I'm on the mend and the nurse told me today, after I mentioned getting back to detecting, that it might be another 2 to 4 months before I get my strength and mobility back to where I was in October.

During the 1 1/2 months in the hospital and almost a month now since I have been back home, I have watched a lot of YouTube videos sometimes all day and sometimes all night, just to check out new and pending detectors as well as some I currently own, have owned, or am considering.

I've watched many by Gary Blackwell, and naturally he speaks well about the Deus II, but I haven't heard him get negative and nasty about other makes or models folks use. And from his and another UK evaluator I gave liked some of what I have seen and heard, but canceled my pre-order for a few reasons.

One is that I am still on the mend and it might take a couple of months or more to get back to where I was. Second, I do have an XP ORX that is providing some Deus-like performance at a few sites. But Third, although the new Deus II might be fine for some applications, I have been more turned-off by one individual's attitude and comments. And in addition to that, I have watched a lot of other brands being used from N/M, Garrett and Minelab that I started to watch the performance in those UK fields, and the EQ-800 did well, plus I liked the audible response.

I had an 800 a year ago w/6" coil but let it go. Now I am thinking about making room in my detector team to add one back, along with a 6" coil. Probably not pick up a username and just shop for a new outfit. I have what I need for some get serious Relic Hunting, but I believe the Equinox 800 will work better for me for some of my urban Coin Hunting.

Now I just need a couple of good, general purpose modes/settings. Anyone?

Monte

Monte...I like and use my Equinox 600 for coin hunting. It does almost everything the 800 does at less cost. My go to program is Field 2,iron bias 0,and F2. I usually can run my sensitivity around 23-24. Recovery speed at 2. Volume wide open and 5 tone. In a trashy park I will sometimes go to Park 1. I am not the best of shape anymore and also have an FBS machine that is a bit heavy for me but I do use it once in a while. There are fellas on here that are much better with the Equinox than me! Hopefully they will chime in and give you some ideas! Good luck to you! Ted

Monte...I like and use my Equinox 600 for coin hunting. It does almost everything the 800 does at less cost. My go to program is Field 2,iron bias 0,and F2. I usually can run my sensitivity around 23-24. Recovery speed at 2. Volume wide open and 5 tone. In a trashy park I will sometimes go to Park 1. I am not the best of shape anymore and also have an FBS machine that is a bit heavy for me but I do use it once in a while. There are fellas on here that are much better with the Equinox than me! Hopefully they will chime in and give you some ideas! Good luck to you! Ted

These are real close to my settings, Nox 800 here. I recently have moved from 5 tones to 50 just to see what happens in that regard. And again, like you, if I'm closing in on a trashy home site or in some other trashy area, I some times move to Park 1. I run sensitivity around 22 if I can get away with it, some times moving down to 20, or even 18 if necessary.