Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some Gold to Trash Perspective

thE-TRACker

I recently posted my first 6 months of season gold finds and felt it necessary to show what else I dug to find 47 pieces .I saved every dug target and I;m totally amazed at what was recovered. There are literally thousands of targets and to think each one was probably a couple of scoops to retrieve boggles the mind ! The pile represents approximately 250 hours and usually 60-70 targets an hour . At seasons end I will classify all materials and weigh for metal tallies . I also would like to note that I use a fair amount of discrimination and wonder what the pile would look like had I "dug everything ". And would I have found that much gold ? HHMMM

That shows home much effort has to go in to finding what we want most. My piles are similar but are mostly rusty iron, square nails, random strips of copper, sheet metal, etc.

Im sure your aware but if you put yourself in a place that already has a better chance of lost gold then your odds will also increase.

Definitely a good show of hard work and dedication, but shouldn't be viewed by others as what it will take to dig any gold. I've had days where the 4th pull tab of the day turned out to be a gold ring and days where the 50 straight piece of crap was still junk with nothing to show.There is no doubt you will dig a ton of trash to find Au but I hope that pic doesn't dissuade anybody. JJ

I don't know about you but, had it not been for metal detecting my couch time would definitely increase. I would rather dig a pull tab than sit in front of the T.V. watching Reality shows....

UWMM

Keep it coming. I love people that quantify the data instead of just spouting off hawglaws. Looking forward to the yearend weigh-in.