Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some goodies.

The Fog

Hello fellow safarians! Haven't posted in a long time, it was a rough spring for me. Spent many, many hours in the woods, went to a ton of holes and was striking out consistently. But here are some of the more interesting finds since from the past 4 or 5 months.

1787 connecticut copper, 1723 Hibernia, 1838 large Cent, 1834 draped bust half dime, 1802 Draped Bust cent, various 1700's era buckles, tiny bell, and a 1700's era anchor button that I believe could be a foreign naval button... still trying to ID it. I logged in many hours of research, travelling, and swinging.... and dug A LOT of holes! And believe it or not I came up on the short end compared to the finds my hunting partner found, but hopefully things will pick up. HH.

If this is striking out, I would love to see what your hunting buddies got. Very nice items. Down here in Florida we will never see those kinds of finds. Plan on getting up to Va. and Ky. soon. Welcome back and thanks for posting. Hope you get out of your slump soon! LOL

Those are GREAT finds. That should answer the relic hunting ability of the Safari. Thanks for posting. HH :minelab:

Better watch out when the FOG rolls in! Those are awesome finds!

Ya, no doubt wyohunter99, I am stoked on indian heads, but I think I would blow a gasket if I found the awesome things that FOG did.

Great finds were you hunting in the woods?I am not going near the woods in Illinois due to hugh crop of mosquitoes this year,but I got to ask what brand of detector was your friend using.

Yes Prep I almost exclusively hunt the woods, and trust me the mosquitoes are just as bad, as well as the ticks and Ivy. Get yourself some Repel 100% deet.... they won't touch you. My buddies finds were of the same caliber, only about 20 times the amount of stuff I found. He has a minelab excalibur, but he's a metal detecting cybernetic organism, a bona-fide human divining rod. We always cross reference each others targets prior to digging, and all of his finds rang out just fine on my safari, in fact the safari goes a little deeper than the excal. It was just a matter of not passing the coil over the goodies, I'd pull 25 shotgun shells, musket balls, ox knobs, shell casings, bolts, screws, etc and he'd pull large cent, barbers, reales, draped busts, military buttons, belt plates, buckles, etc. We were in the woods a few months ago and he pulled 7 old coppers out of one hole.... I got a nice 38 signal 10 feet away and it was a 92 washington quarter...unreal. The swinging gods are on his side, he can go into the woods with just a lesche and come out with 12 old coppers.... it's astounding. Some of the guys on another forum I'm on didn't believe it until they went on a hunt with him, he outswung the 4 of them in short order, the guy just has a sixth sense for where stuff is, it really is amazing. If anyone's interested I'll post some of the items he's found at the same holes... unbelievable stuff.

n/t

BUGG you have no idea how frustrating a spring it was, it's not explainable in words how frustrating. On one hand your happy your buddy finds some amazing things but after coming up short for 5 months it wasn't fun at all. I was finding clad coin after clad coin at a dozen or so 1700's era cellar holes, every 38 or 37 I'd get would turn out to be a roosevelt dime or a washington quarter. It made no sense at all to find soooo much modern change in the middle of NOWHERE! Like a cruel joke, and he just kept pulling colonials, Mass copper, large cents, injuns, frock buttons, military belt plates, 3D tombacs, some incredible buckles, war of 1812 artifacts, it was amazing. I honestly almost gave up detecting altogether. But you stick it out long enough and things change, hopefully it will just go down as the worst dry spell in my MD'ng history. A connecticut copper and hibernia was a nice start to turn things around. I have a feeling I'll be finding some amazing things soon. :yo:

And if you drag your coil across the ground like i do make sure you pop the coil cover off occasionally and get the dirt out or you'll get falsing.

Very nice...

Thanks for sharing:thumbup:

The Fog,

Great finds. Your friend reminds me of a fisherman who was about 5 feet away from me
using the same bait and rod and reel set-up and kept catching all the big fish and I only caught one little one.
Just luck or ?