Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some initial impressions AT Pro

Detectorguru

Some things I do not like.:thumbdown:

Small meter face. Hard to see if your eyes are not what they use to be. This was indoors .Not sure what will happen with the sun's glare.
I'm tall and when the detector is extended all the way out the coil feels heavy and the shaft wobbles. The good news is I will not need a tall mans rod.:)
Broadband interference is high in suburbia. I hunt for relics so this usually does not interfere in my hunts.
The pros. :thumbup:
I like the pro mode audio features. The recovery speed is fast The detector responds well to both high and low conductive metal.

The manual is an easy read.
The detector depth is excellent in pro mode but if your getting allot of interference and changing frequencies does not help you will need to lower the sensitivity.
Ground balance is easy to do and fast. The touchpads are easy to hit and respond well to normal touch.

Off to the field on Saturday to a colonial site loaded with nails. This should be a good first test of both the iron id and target masking.

I too thought the #'s were a bit small on the ID. Relic hunting do t matter much if I get a decent signal I dig. Coin hunting will look at the screen a bit more but still dig most good sounding targets.

Jason

oceanfront............quiet......................

certain areas on the bay and croitan..............gets noisy..............govet. emi or something

nice heater for sure for the buck

standard mode..................junk
pro mode..........................the best for all areas.............wet, water, dry and dirt..............i think they added the standard mode for ace users, so they can relate

in no way it is a minelab on the beach.....................i feel u know this already..................had good results with my meager dirt spins

should be a killer for fresh drops and chains and sm. studs this coming gold season...................that is why i wanted one.

Light weight , quick response , grab the jewelry , and RUN LIKE YOU STOLE IT !!..... Clean the beach before the next guy gets there !!.....Jim

I find a good portion of setting up and using the AT Pro eventually becomes an audio issue using your grey matter (between your ears) to make a good calculated decision to dig a target. Luckily the TDI numbers are largest.

Good luck with your colonial site this coming weekend.:thumbup: