Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Some interesting test results

Ted S

I went hunting this morning at the old school where I found the 1911 Barber dime a short time back. That area received over 2" of much needed rain and the ground conditions were great! I started out using my Explorer SE with the 12x10 Detech coil on it. Signals were few and far between but I finally hit a deep signal. I was running the SE in manual sensitivity at 27 with the iron mask off. The crosshairs were bouncing a bit like an Indian head until it came up to the far right corner. It was a broken sound but it said dig me! I marked the spot and got the Equinox 600 out of the truck. It was in Park 1 and sensitivity was at 23. As I moved the coil over the target it also had a broken sound and the target ID was bouncing from 21-30. I took out a plug from the Sampson digger and probed the hole with the TRX which indicated the target was still in the hole. I took out a bit more dirt and I was disappointed to see and old bent nail. I stuck the probe into the hole again and it still went off! A little deeper in the hole I pulled out a 1934 wheatie. It sure was a deep one! The 600 did hit the coin just a bit harder than the SE. But finding a coin that deep with a nail in the same hole,you have to respect both detectors for what they did! I hunted a bit longer with the 600 and got some clad and another wheat cent. It was getting humid so it was time to call it a day! HH! Ted

Excellent report and always double / triple check the hole for more targets. You also now know why the target ID was bouncing.

This was an interesting post Ted!!
I agree… amazing that both detectors gave a signal good enough to dig, but both are great machines.
Just think if you never bought the “reaper” 🤭

I know I’m driving a Fisher but I’ve experience the same thing. Older iron nails play havoc on the readings. I’ve adopted a strategy now that if I can get a bouncy coin number to flash at least twice, irrespective of the other jumpy numbers, I will dig. So far the two old shotgun caseheads were recovered due to what could have been Indian Head penny numbers and I dont consider them as trash either.

Ron...It would bother me if I didn't dig a sketchy signal...I would always wonder if I left a coin behind? Sorry guys...My job is to leave no coin behind! :detecting:

I should clarify. I’m pretty good at calling trash now and I do dig if it even makes me wonder just a little bit. Its the all over the place numbers from foil to silver dollars with nothing the same and only one way hits that I walk. Jeff has followed me and found stuff I missed and vise versa. I think my missed coins was me thinking junk even tho I had a number/s flash at least twice. Thus I have changed my evil ways.
Hopefully that makes sense? 😂